Diamond Problems?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Findicanos

Reaction score
My snake seems very fidgety around me. When I open the enclosure door and take off the click clack lid to go and pick up my diamond, she seems to always bolt off when i touch her. I don't know if it's just because I have to tip her out of the toilet roll before picking her up, but she settles down after a few seconds or sometimes instantly.
Am I doing something wrong? Or will she always be like that?

Any help appreciated.
Cheers.

my diamond hatchys do this aswell,
its a normal thing:)

Maybe it has something to do with being tipped out of her hide?! I'm not sure I'd be too keen if I were tipped out of bed??!! :D

At first approach, you are a predator and she is trying to run for cover. Shadows, sudden movement of her tub, suddenly touching her, or tipping her out of what where she thought she was safe, will cause her to want to run, or strike at you. Sure, after a few moments she settles when she realises she isn't getting hurt, but she won't remember from the last time to now, and your hands a gigantic. You try imagine looking out at the world, through her eyes. What would you see? Giant eyes, giant mouth, giant hand.

My suggestion would be to only tip her out of her hide if you need to - need to do stuff with her. Get her out when she isn't in her hide, so she can see you're coming. Where is her hidebox? If its over the warmth, move it off so she has to come out of hiding, to warm up. Or change her hide box to one that you can lift up and off her rather than her feeling like she's falling, from being tipped out.

Buy a cave so you just lift the cave over and off her .Thats what i do so easy hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back