How do you fit these light fittings?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir_Hiss

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I got this fitting second hand. Whenever I've seen these fitted they've had a metal bracket with a circle just the right size for the two parts to screw onto from opposite sides. I got this second hand a while ago, and there's no metal bracket with it. Does anyone know where you can get them? Or does anyone have any experience with dodgying something else up that will do the trick?

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 106
they screw apart...

I'm aware they screw apart, in fact I said that in my post...

I'm fitting it into a light box made from 20mm pine. I could hole saw 3mm mdf square, fix it to the light box and use that to screw down from each end. But I would prefer a metal solution, if anyone knows of where they can be bought would be handy, even whether its something an electrical wholesaler might stock, or am I better off just buying a new one that comes with the bracket?

hooks do sound ok...

yup i have some of them , i made the holders .

Attachments

• light 3.jpg
    light 3.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 156
  • light 2.jpg
    light 2.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 164
  • light one.jpg
    light one.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 146
I pulled a loop in th cord with a cable tie and then loop another cable tie through the loop and onto wherever I'm attaching it.

i use a hose clamp and a right angle bracket. attach the hose clamp around the light fitting and one of the stem of the angle bracket. tighten it up and then screw the other stem of the angle bracket into the roof of the enclosure

Thank-you for the suggestions. My bredli is forever in your debt

Thanks for the help. It's going to work a treat... I'll put up some photos of my work in progress in another thread
View attachment 224950

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back