Killing flys in the garage but not harming my rats

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

braids

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Ok so I've got rat racks in my garage and when I keep the garage door open when going in or out or cleaning the tubs there seams to be alot of flys in the garage when the roller is down. Then they are stuck in there. And with an internal door to my house they get inside and I can't handle it no more lol. Has anyone tried one of those sensor units from Woolworths that spray every 15 to 30 min to kill insects? Would it do any harm to my rats or baby's ? Not to mention the residue that's in or on the rats would it harm my snakes when feeding? Thanks braids

I am testing a fly paper roll in my garage and so far it is working well. The idea of it i that it just hangs off something and the flys get stuck to it when they land on it and die. After a few weeks you just throw the roll into the trash.

I got them from bunnings and they come in a pack of 8.

I wouldn't use those timed sprays, my gf's family use them all throughout the house, including those perfume ones too and they're horrible. they leave a residue on everything and after a few days you can start to feel the floor and basin and things start to go a little sticky, they don't even kill the cockys and stuff around the kitchen, I'd just use that tape, it's very effective from what I've seen

as a pest tec i use diefly in small container it needs to be changed regular other wise all the flys in it wold stink.

I am testing a fly paper roll in my garage and so far it is working well. The idea of it i that it just hangs off something and the flys get stuck to it when they land on it and die. After a few weeks you just throw the roll into the trash.

I got them from bunnings and they come in a pack of 8.
i use fly paper in my rodents shed , works great .

Read a thread called Alternative Mite treatment

They use an artificial insecticide which is very similar to Top of Descent
Harmless to mammals birds and probably reptiles as well

Top of descent works great for me and i have used it in my enclosed rat shed for years now with no dramas at all.

Braids where abouts are you located ?

Thanks guys I will head to bunnings this weekend. Congo I live in Blacktown area. Why's that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back