Licence breaches result in $3,000 fine

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, so this DEC fella, is from department of environment and conservation, and him (they) are making this post to what, brag? Someone please tell me if on the right page here.

That's pretty much the jist of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
post a link to this and the other thread "where is the conservation" to the DEC Director and Minister.

That's pretty much the jist of it.

Oh, good.
In that case:

Nice work governmental body. You've just taken one more giant leap towards driving keepers underground with your gestapo bullshit. Pathetic.

Summed it up well tbh. Pretty speechless on those charges. The DEC just brought shame to themselves. Not to mention the very unprofessional act of posting this in the first place, with his name present.

Cheers for the spread sheet Colin, might keep a paper trail to go along with my online records.

I only just read this tonight and I'm just sitting here shaking my head in disbelief... all I can do now is laugh.

I use the e-book but also like to keep an excel (2010) spreadsheet thats formatted similar to the old DECC book. you can add columns etc and keep an accurate record on your computer as well as a copy on a USB memory stick.

Something that might be worth considering is keeping such a log in a cloud service such as Google Docs, or at least synced to DropBox (or SkyDrive, et al). That way it's available to you everywhere, and automatically backed up.

Something that might be worth considering is keeping such a log in a cloud service such as Google Docs, or at least synced to DropBox (or SkyDrive, et al). That way it's available to you everywhere, and automatically backed up.

thats a thought and good idea. personally I wouldn't have much faith in the security of google or hotmail skydrive etc.. If your USB memory stick is on your keyring its usually always available to you and many USB keys have security programs on the drive so you need a password to access the file and maybe another password to open the excel spreadsheet.

Last edited:
I don't think that this NRKA is the answer colin. I arranged a cheque for $2000 for them over two years ago to help get things started. If after two years they are still waiting to open bank accounts and build a web site and such, then IMO they are not the right people for the job. I do agree that we need an Australian wide body, but the NRKA isn't that body, to much talk and no action from those guys.

If a group like the NRKA or similar can be beneficial to the hobby and influence decisions made/put forward, then what would it take to form such a group?

Where do we start? Who will lead? What can be promised?..

I understand that it takes time and money to put this sort of group together, which I’m sure a majority of us keepers, will be more than happy to put forward if it would definitely make a difference. But what else?

Someone also mentioned having a website or similar to create awareness and show people that such a group is out there. I’m willing to design a website free of charge to get the ball rolling; along with banners/flyers/mail outs etc. to get the word out.

Would be good to get some ideas flowing so we can make an idea like this, a reality - so feel free to add something or anything really..

SamNabz
Yours is the most decent positive suggestion in this whole thread. Thank you
Cheers
Sandee :)

Sam and Sandee, the biggest problem any group is going to have is a solid financial back up. To shake up government bodies such as DEC means consultation with a barrister, mountain of legal correspondence, etc..
Everybody here and elsewhere will say "I pay for my membership" but when it comes to actually pulling out the valet things may slow down a bit.
Also Sam, no one can guarantee to make a "definite difference" and a lot of people will be skeptical about such movement and also about the people in the driver's seat. Politics and personal animosities amongst herpers are not rare.

Maybe we need young people with fresh minds to set something up and maintain it in a positive manner.

The young Herpetologists of today don't need skeptics and personal indifferences from years gone by to flourish, Sam has made an amazing offer please don't dampen his enthusiam

Go for it Sam
Cheers

I don't think that this NRKA is the answer colin. I arranged a cheque for $2000 for them over two years ago to help get things started. If after two years they are still waiting to open bank accounts and build a web site and such, then IMO they are not the right people for the job. I do agree that we need an Australian wide body, but the NRKA isn't that body, to much talk and no action from those guys.

so who can we get together to get this all going? It's past the point of being needed surely people on here have the knowledge at hand to make this happen since the government are so freakin incapable, seriously think this needs to be organized...

Maybe we need young people with fresh minds to set something up and maintain it in a positive manner.

The young Herpetologists of today don't need skeptics and personal indifferences from years gone by to flourish, Sam has made an amazing offer please don't dampen his enthusiam

Go for it Sam
Cheers

I have a positive manner Sandee but I haven't got 200K or so to kick off this game. I will be a loyal supporter if something is put together.

Go for it Sam
Cheers

Lol thanks Sandee, but I don't feel that what Michael has said is dampening my enthusiasm; in fact I agree with what he has posted as he is speaking from a realistic angle.

However, the main reason I wrote what I did was to generate ideas, as I'm sure a lot of keepers are fed up by the way things are being 'run' at the moment.

Any/all ideas are welcome - positive or negative.

You're correct Sam by keeping an open mind things will start to flow :)

Another angle is "If each and every one of us were responsible for our own selves there would be no need for an Association to babysit us"

Keep it going Sam

Cheers

I don't understand Sandee, aren't we all responsible for our selves? I thought the proposed idea was to create a united voice with some powers to push against the bureaucrats that are trying to make our hobby miserable.

Apparently we are not all responsible for ourselves....look at the responses on this thread.....most are waiting for someone to do something (?)

How can "the powers that be" know what we are about if we all whinge and bitch on forums and no one puts pen to paper and explains how we would like things changed

I admit we all need expert guidance and our concerns should be presented in a polite respectful manner

Cheers

It also depends on the magnitude of what things we want changed and how. Some will be happy to see small changes in their own State / Territory, others are looking for fundamental changes across the nation.
For example, we aren't happy about the import / export permits, the time they take and the money they cost. Most of the wildlife agencies are breaking the law pertaining to free interstate trade. They know it, we know it but to make any changes requires consultations with a constitutional barrister (can you imagine what their fees are like?) and then a Supreme Court action. We are talking huge money here but that's what needs to be done - start at the top, deliver a few solid punches to soften them up and then take them bit by bit. Be assured that such action will create a lot of interest and support from the politicians and media.

So, the question is - who will put up the money?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back