Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good question, wonder what it would end up looking like? If they can get ball pythons and womas to breed over seas I'd be surprised if they haven't tried womas and black headeds.

I posed this question a few months ago. Hope you get more info than I got.

My interest was wether there was any hybidisation in the range overlaps?

They almost certainly would be able to, whether there offspring would be fertile, im not sure.

pilbara pythons blackheaded python page
[ NO LINKS, THANKS ]

Last edited by a moderator:
Why not? Why do people crossbreed any species or sub species? To fulfil their curiosity.

Is fulfilling our curiousity a valid reason to cross breed anything?
While I believe womas and blackheads originated from one line at some stage; that line is now distinctly separated
Unless cross breeding is for the benefit of the breed I cannot support it

I don't either I was just saying, that's why people do it and I'm sure it's probably been done os seein as they've cross bred everything else.

I suspect it has already been done here in Australia instantly claiming fame to a new variation i.e Bumblebee, Tiger or what ever creative name came to mind. This would certainly look great on a breeders portfolio and fetch a hefty price too.

they would breed cats with dogs in the states if someone gave them the idea. haha

they would breed cats with dogs in the states if someone gave them the idea. haha

View attachment 224523
too late...

back on topic though, surely there would be more reasoning than only to "fulfil their curiosity"? Considering how ridiculously hard i assume this may be, including failure rates and chances of death of the specimen(s) i'd say there'd be more inclination to do this if it was a lucrative business opportunity (on top of what Serpentman has already said)?
Going by what has gone on with crossbreeding with royals, it would be highly plausible for both to crossbreed, providing one doesn't try to eat the other first.

I know this thread is a few months old, but I just stumbled across this picture, supposedly [ NO LINKS THANKS ] produced this baby, he bred a regular female Woma, to a male that was W.C. and had a questionable look to him. they suspected him to be a Woma/BHP, and they said every baby from the clutch came out looking similar to this one.

BHP-X-Woma.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've often wondered the same thing regarding olives and water pythons, as they're both Liasis. But then I got thinking, who'd want a bad tempered water python the size of an olive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back