What happened?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thexbluexfairy

Not so new Member
Banned
Reaction score
When did having a love for reptiles become so bureaucratic?

I always assumed that forums and the like were places that a person could go to connect with other likeminded people. Apparently I was wrong. Now it seems if you so much as mention another forums name you are contacted by a solicitor, or if you do something similar to another keeper you facing a court battle. If a person has a difference of opinion then you can count on a ban. It shows a lack of maturity.

Usually I keep my nose out of things and am quite content to sit back and observe but of late I really am getting quite fed up of it. It's not a hobby anymore it's a god damn contest of who can sue the other for the most.

It's high time for a change.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's about the potential of financial gain....nothing to do with love of reptiles

Last edited:
And thats the problem, not only are other keepers supporting it but forums seem to be justifying it.

Most forums are a meeting place to learn - nothing more.

Everyone has their own opinion/agenda

Don't take anything to heart and you will be OK

Last edited:
Who has sued who? Who is taking who to court?
I have certainly not heard about it.
I know there is a lot of accusations between a few parties, but I have not seen/heard of any court case commence or police involved or any arrests. Maybe you know something that others don't.

But they can't be direct threats lol, they have to be in a round about kind of way where you have to ask yourself 'Did i just get threatened???' And then you ask the person who is threatening you 'Did you just threaten me?' and they respond with 'I'm just saying.... blah blah blah.'

Then you know you've had a death, or atleast a very grievous bodily harm threat lol.

You forgot death threats :lol: oldie but a goodie

I'd love to weigh in on this argument, but I have too many animals to clean and feed to worry about politics!

Just enjoy your animals for your reasons.

Take it as a compliment, when you start getting threatened with anything it means you've finally reached a point where you are contributing something to the hobby hahaha.

It's the hobby that worries me and the long list of politics that goes with it.

nah its just this forum, you cant get a straight answer for anything anymore

Fay i can tell you 100% that the trouble can have a completely uncanny way of finding you, no matter how hard you try to stay out of it.

It shouldn't worry you if you don't get involved. I certainly don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back