I'm interested more then worried

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

John_lisa

Reaction score
hey all

as the title says i am not worried more interested in what my approx yr old jungle is doing ill get straight to it.

Ok best snake iv had never bitten i startled him the other night in his tank and he struck the glass FIRST time he ever done it so i know what he does is NOT hissing at me but when he climes around on me and tightens his grip he sounds like he is but more like a whistle if that makes sense he only does it when he tightens his grip on me and i think he is exhaling when he does it.

anyway just thought id ask and see if anyone else has had this and or knows why he may be doing it cheers

It would have just been a scare for him, and his natural instinct was to defend himself.
The hissing would be retained shed in his nostrils, making a whistling sound. The next shed should sort it out.

My jungle does it too i think it's kinda like a wheeze or sneezing haha, maybe even just exhaling?

My coastal always huffs and not hisses but breaths loudly when coiling around me :)

Hey john,
When he is climbing on you, can you get its head close to your ear and have a good listen?
If its making a whistle or wheezing sound on every breath it could be RI.
What are your temps and humidity like?

ned_fisch

that could be the case all though he has done it since i got him 8-9 months ago but i will have a look see if i can see anything thanks

briiiziii

yea my jungle only ever does it when its like he is taking a large breath out not sure i could be wrong but it to me it looks and sounds like its when he breaths out

dmnted

as i said to ned_fisch iv had him for 8-9 months iv been watching him (hes my fav snakes) and he has not shown any signs of any problem whats so ever in those 8-9 months of RI but i will watch for it still but im sure hes fine temps are at 31-32 in hot end 26-27 in cool end i mist him every few days aswell

look i like that a few are beeing concerned for the snakes but its not in harms way as i said im not worried at all for the snake i was just intrested in any others that have had this encounter

cheers

Everyone is looking past some of the obvious things.... for example it is natural some times for snakes to exale as they squeeze causing a slightly higher pitch whistle :)

Far out, I must be out of touch, it took me 5 times to try and decipher that. Why is it so hard to use punctuation, even just a full stop and a capital letter here and there.....

Your temps look fine.
Most of mine have a temp gradient from 34 to 26 and mostly relax around the 29 degree mark but bask every few days at around 32.
I had one jungle that I set up with temps from 30 to 24 and i noticed the "hiss" sound on every breath so I took him off to david vella in St Leonards for a check up.
It turned out it was an early case of RI which I think was cased by a combination of the substrate and temps
He gave me a course of antibiotics for a month and i cranked the temps up a little and never heard a "hiss" since.( unless he's cranky then I can here it a mile away! :lol:)

Your right to keep an eye on it as every snake is different. Most likely its nothing but if observe its behaviour then everything will be fine.
Interesting to know other people have the same symptoms with their snakes.

If I ever get the perfect Jag i'm after and it does the same I wont be worried

poggle

Thats gotta be the best way to have put it lol but thats pretty much what its like. :)

well i'm glad to know my snake is not the only one that does this. thanks all for replying, it does help to know ur not the only one with a snake that wistles as i said though im not worried about he seems in great shape.

one last thing, hugsta i am assuming u were talking about my typing and is that better :p lol, sorry mate spelling and punctuations is not my strong point had a ruff time at school and kinda never learnt how to do all that and kinda dont wanna go put these thing in my sentence it they be in the wrong spots and look like an idiot lol trust me its heaps better then last yr all this would have been in one big long sentence lol

thanx guys :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back