Snake soup..

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, no thanks :p Prefer that over some of the other snake cuisine I've seen, including butchering the snakes still alive, pouring boiling water over them alive, etc.

As a chef I will try almost anything, even snake if offered.....BUT I won't have a go if the animal is being treated cruely befor served. All my meats have (hopefully.) been killed the humane way

Got tricked into eating a snake dish while I was in HK, was the beginning of the end of my relationship with my mother. They use EVERY part of the animal in cooking :(

But it's a culture that values every piece of an animal because they have to.

I dont think there is anything wrong with valuing every part of an animal, yes i hve the luxury of being able to choose not to eat certain things but nothing is wasted, anythingbi dont eat is fed to the dogs or to the chooks which in turn provide me withcompanionship and food respectively, that still values all parts of the animal.

But it's a culture that values every piece of an animal because they have to.

compare this with the more 1st world attitude (or should i say westernised?) with food scraps, (for example have you seen bakeries lately?) and what you eat would really is not as big as an issue as how much we chuck out on a regular basis.

And by no means animal cruelty is exclusive to Asian countries, as of course you all know

Its just different values and how you're brought up, try eating beef in India and we'll see how you go
Personally i've had croc and the first experience was horrid because i was tricked thinking it was fish. Ironically it was absolutely delish, and currently i've made peace with that fact and have no issues with eating croc.

Another one was turtle soup (chinese softshells), which was sampled when i had a more open mind. Tastes like a lovechild between a chicken and a pig, and that was that. At least i've given that a go.

Have yet to try out snake, who knows, perhaps next trip to SE Asia

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back