Photoshop

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pardon me folk, whats the best software for modifying photos in your opinion, there seems to be a variety of programs and even a range of versions of the same one. And please, nothing that will cost the price of a gtp!

Yeah. I own a label/design house down here in BrisVague. QLD's a small place man. We played up your way a couple of months ago with Butterfly Effect and Shihad at Essence Festival.

Pardon me folk, whats the best software for modifying photos in your opinion, there seems to be a variety of programs and even a range of versions of the same one. And please, nothing that will cost the price of a gtp!

How ya goin mate. I still think Photoshop rules all- I use it for 95% of the work I do for clients, it is way more than some people think; that it's only for photo manipulation. But it isn''t exactly one of those programs you can stumble through and pick stuff up along the way- I have a degree in Multimedia; and I'm STILL learning more every day. But I can easily pick work done by someone who studied a course in Photoshop over someone who is self-taught. Apples and Oranges mate.

So for what you are looking for: Photoshop is the go- I am pretty sure you can get "lite" (sic) versions of Photoshop; usually used on small laptops but perfect for what you need.

Then again, if price is a deciding factor- there are HEAPS of free progs which will allow you to have a tinker with images- just google "Free Photo manipulation software" - or "photoshop freeware" and take your pick !!!!

Last edited:
Cheers cobber. Appreciated. There's a beer in the the fridge for ya if you ever get a gig up here.

Any particular version? I'm really only wanting to enhance shots rather than create something completely different.

thanks again!

Yeah. I own a label/design house down here in BrisVague. QLD's a small place man. We played up your way a couple of months ago with Butterfly Effect and Shihad at Essence Festival.

Ah sweet, yeah QLD is a small place... I used to be a recording engineer until I switched over to G&W design and that's how I picked up many of my clients.

Thanks ! yeah Im a sucker for old comic book style and graf and vintage propaganda art and Ink and Sci Fi. Try to throw a little bit of it all into our work..

Here is a comic I did just for you ;)

Attachments

• darth vader.jpg
    darth vader.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
I do a bit of photoshop for tattoo designs.. pretty keen to give the Wacom a go, pretty tired of using the Mouse..

Attachments

• 0000000000000000aathroat.jpg
    0000000000000000aathroat.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 54
Really? what am I? lol

Self taught- but above average.

I do a bit of photoshop for tattoo designs.. pretty keen to give the Wacom a go, pretty tired of using the Mouse..

Yeah mate once you start with a Wacom; you never go back ! Photoshop works so seamlessly with the tablet it is ridiculous. Especially when you get a fat blurry paintbrush going and draw with it- it feels and reacts similar to an airbrush or spraycan (which is how I started as a teenager- hiding in pipes in the Western Suburbs of Sydney creating pieces noone would ever see.... now I get paid to do it and no blue lights chase me when I'm done.

Cheers cobber. Appreciated. There's a beer in the the fridge for ya if you ever get a gig up here.

Any particular version? I'm really only wanting to enhance shots rather than create something completely different.

thanks again!

Awesome I'll take you up on that offer mate.

Here you go; this is a great article which lists a bunch of FREE alternatives to Photoshop for your pic enhancements....:

HIT THIS LINK

Then have a read- and make your choice- GIMP is probably the most popular of the freeware options- I have ever used it but my buddies swear by it as far as a photo-enhancement program goes. But give that list a read and you might find something that sounds right up your alley. Enjoy !!!!

Also- you might wanna just check thishttp://www.photoshop.com/tools/expresseditor?wf=editor out- a FREE online photo editor called Photoshop EXPRESS !

Last edited:
Yeah i'll be grabbing one over the weekend if i get a chance

Attachments

• 00horsey.jpg
    00horsey.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 46
  • coralside2.3.jpg
    coralside2.3.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
I've been messing around in PS a bit lately, just basic stuff - the outlines of these were hand drawn and then I worked in the colour in photoshop
Ridge display copy.jpg
Shingles Display copy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back