It's Getting Harder To Raise the Bar

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Just_Plain_Nuts

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I am always trying to raise the bar and push the limits on the enclosures previously but it gets harder and harder and the enclosures are getting crazier and crazier.....where will it end. The one I am building for the Ipswich Reptile Expo is certainly ticking all the boxes. It's a standard large custom cabinet (2.1m tall x 1.2m wide x 0.75m deep) but it features the largest aquarium to date at 0.6m tall x 1.2m wide x 0.75m deep and it has the first example of our artificial trees. A strangler fig trunk that runs from the ground to the ceiling, with a trunk one foot in diameter and the roots spreading out in the water. The trunk also has two hollow hides in it. This enclosure will also feature the new V-Cell by Virides to aid air flow and filter the air of it's smells. I will post pics in the coming days as I frantically finish it for Saturday. P.S it will also house a 4 m scrubbie on the day of the show.

Can't wait to see it Ben! Hope there are no stray kids around for the Scrubby to snack on!

I always wondered how the snakes would go with a humid environment. I assume you've never had any troubles with scale rot or similar humidity related problems otherwise you wouldn't do it. I guess it varies with species/sub-species. The enclosures are definitely very appealing to the eye!

the key is ventilation , lots of it and a heating system that doesn't work on ambient temps. This new V-cell will work a treat as it uses fans to suck the air through

photo-78.jpg

Near completion, it is further along now than in this picture. Very happy with it. Of course it has a waterfall. The lighting and pumps alone add to $500 :( Will have to put in the v cell friday night and our glaziers have broken down so the glass door will probably not be on for the show, so no 4m scrubbie in there......shame.....will get better pics soon

a glimmer of hope....the glass people have said that they think it's ready but they are checking it out.....fingers crossed

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back