Darkwins

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reffy

Reaction score
Hi All,
Just thought i'd show you our new additions of darkwins :D,
Cant wait to breed them and see what they can produce,

First 2 is of male, second 2 is of female.
Enjoy :)
Darkwins 002.jpgDarkwins 003.jpgDarkwins 008.jpgDarkwins 010.jpg

Good looking snakes though! Would look great in a display tank next to an albino

Yeah when the pics look small it almost looks like diamonds lol.. maybe thats what they are..

If you're on your phone you can open the picture by tapping on it. Doesn't look much like a diamond to me, could be wrong! I'm not completely up with all the forms etc

They are dark darwins ey,...good luck on your project.

Whats a darkwin? lol
Smithers is right they are a dark darwins carpet pythons, reptileaddition actually came up with the name (when they were his :p) and now it stuck

Good looking snakes though! Would look great in a display tank next to an albino
I actually wouldnt mind breeding them to an albino just to see what happens

I actually wouldnt mind breeding them to an albino just to see what happens

I'm sorry but I would laugh if it just came out as normal.

You might get a dark pattern on light skin or really coloured albino, like a yellow or orange or something. Would be worth a try. I just imagined the two from opposite sides of the spectrum breeding a normal middle of the spectrum. I think in genetics albino works differently though as it a lack of pigmentation instead of just reduced like a hypo. Being that the darkwins look line bred instead of hyper (?) It would probably just take over as the dominant trait but leave het albinos

You might get a dark pattern on light skin or really coloured albino, like a yellow or orange or something. Would be worth a try. I just imagined the two from opposite sides of the spectrum breeding a normal middle of the spectrum. I think in genetics albino works differently though as it a lack of pigmentation instead of just reduced like a hypo. Being that the darkwins look line bred instead of hyper (?) It would probably just take over as the dominant trait but leave het albinos

I'd laugh too if they came out normal, and i hope somethig unusual like a dark Orange/Yellow with White come from it. If not ohwell i'll just continue this line as normal or experiment further with other darwins, who knows what morphs can be created from these Darwins :).

Last edited:

What is black on wild type, is white on albino. You wouldn't be getting great oranges and yellows, you'd get high white.

What is black on wild type, is white on albino. You wouldn't be getting great oranges and yellows, you'd get high white.
Not quite, the hyper melanistic is just black covering a colour (as they are normal colouring until they start to darken up) so introducing the albino gene will just remove the black from creeping up and you'd be left with a normal looking albino imo.

I think Orientalis on here will know more with his pairing of a black darwin to an albino. (not sure if these are F1 or F2 pairing)

so then would a hyper melanistic and an albino create a full white animal?
As in my reply to No-Two, it won't create a full white animal.
You'd be better off breeding albino to axanthic to produce F1's, then breed the F1's together to produce an all white animal they call a Snow.
The odds of producing one from an F1 to F1 pairing is 1 in 16.

Pics aren't working mate.
Try going advanced and editing them :)

As in my reply to No-Two, it won't create a full white animal.
You'd be better off breeding albino to axanthic to produce F1's, then breed the F1's together to produce an all white animal they call a Snow.
The odds of producing one from an F1 to F1 pairing is 1 in 16.

thanks for clearing that up mate

What is black on a wild type is white on an albino, is correct, an animal starting normal and turning black is something different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back