Geckos for 7L click-clack containers?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RSPcrazy

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
G'day,

I've got 4 spare 7L Sistema click-clack containers in a rack setup, and I was wanting to get 4 pairs of different types or colours of geckos for them.

My questions are?
What species of geckos can be kept in 7L click-clacks?
Can the pairs be kept together all the time?
Also what setup will each species of gecko need?

So far I'm interested in thick tails, marbled velvets, nob tails. But I don't want to get a species that can't live in a 7L click-clack.

I have kept thick tails for a couple of years now, and I think it's time I added some other species to my collection.

I the click clack is tall you could keep spiny tails i here they are good as in the day they rest on braches so you can watch them
and they good to watch them you put live food in

Smaller knob-tails such as Levis could be kept in pairs I reckon, although it is on the small side of what I would prefer.

Marbled velvet geckos would not be suitable.

Have you looked into any of the Diplodactylus species such as Stone geckos? They would suit that size well, also Bynoes would be fine

I'll go with saying Bynoes or Diplodactylus species, I reckon for a levis pair I'd be using 15L min and a singular adult 10L min. That's personal preference.

Nothing in my books, to small a tub. If you were desperate to fill them one Bynoe per tub

Sorry Josh still to small for my gex I like to give them room to roam. I use the 7ltr for a transport tub

Sorry Josh still to small for my gex I like to give them room to roam. I use the 7ltr for a transport tub
Yeah for knobbies I can see it being too small but as Bynoes or Diplos have a SVL of around 50mm I don't see it being too small for them

Ok, how about this tank?

1d15c198.jpg

ecb4c89a.jpg

It's 2400mm L x 250mm W x 300mm H.
Could I keep a bunch of geckos in that as is? Or should I be adding dividers to make a couple of tanks?

Yeah I would add dividers and make at least 4 tanks out of that.

Hey just curious, whats in the small tank on top?

Yeah I would add dividers and make at least 4 tanks out of that.

Hey just curious, whats in the small tank on top?

dd32cc69.jpg

5 week old Boyd.
I like to monitor them closely when they hatch, to make sure there eating, drinking etc, so I keep them in that small tank for a little while untill I'm confident they will be alright in this one.
c3709b1f.jpg

Very Nice ;) Like Josh suggested 4 tanks there easy. Please re post when it's all set up ;)

Will he need to give the gecko's a source of UVB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back