Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Devil

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
This old girl had a shed today. I should have taken her outside to do a better pic.
She hatched in January 1998, so she will be 14y.o. in a couple of months.

She has been a fantastic breeder and considering her age still looks pretty good...............

Attachments

• 2017.JPG
    2017.JPG
    178.1 KB · Views: 234
she is beautiful mate, i hope my snakes live to be really old :) i love them to pieces, have u had her since a hatchy? she does look very good for her age too btw

I have heard of some antaresia living for well over 20yrs. I have a pair of macs which were proven breeders when I got them and I have had them for 9years nowm o they would be at least 13 or 14yrs old.

How old does a snake normally live for???

I've been told that snakes living to 30y.o. is not all that unusual. The oldest one I've had was a male BHP that was 21 y.o. when he died. Right up to his last breeding season he was a GREAT breeder.

Nothing like a nice old reptile. This black and gold is about to hit the 10 year mark, but more surprising than that is the marbled velvet gecko at the top of this picture will be 15 this year. The other one pictured is about six years old.

Attachments

• B&GoldFhd(gimp).jpg
    B&GoldFhd(gimp).jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 72
  • MarbledVold(gimp).jpg
    MarbledVold(gimp).jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 87
she is beautiful mate, i hope my snakes live to be really old :) i love them to pieces, have u had her since a hatchy? she does look very good for her age too btw

I brought her as a yearling and she has produced some top babies.
Last year she laid a high number of slugs so I gave her this year off.

Nothing like a nice old reptile. This black and gold is about to hit the 10 year mark, but more surprising than that is the marbled velvet gecko at the top of this picture will be 15 this year. The other one pictured is about six years old.

Wow! 15 years, that is very impressive. Have you owned it the entire time?

Hey ryanm,

A good friend of mine bred it all those moons ago. I have had that animal and it's partner for nearly half of that time. They are great great grand parents these days and still are productive at this age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back