Lost snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gemini67

Reaction score
Help please. My daughter has recently got her Stimpson (she thinks, can't remember) snake, only a few months old. One morning checked the enclosure and he was gone. We have confirmed that he is not in the enclosure.
Does anyone have any tips/ideas on how to entice him out of wherever in the house he may be. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

IMAG0021.jpg

My daughter has recently got her Stimpson (she thinks, can't remember) snake, only a few months old.

How can she think it is, isn't the name on the Movement Advice/Licence?

Possibly leave an electric blanket out on the floor or a heat mat to see if that attracts it.

Stimson's not Stimpson... As mention put a heat mat on the floor with some food maybe... Se what happens.. Also how to do you not know what type of snake its is... Do you have a license?

Yes she does have a license, but I meant that I didn't know how to spell the breed. My bad.
Thanks for the assistance.

Yes she does have a license, but I meant that I didn't know how to spell the breed. My bad.
Thanks for the assistance.
Oh ok... Good luck finding it :) Just look everywhere even in places that seem impossible... Also if your Enclosure has a Lid on it check up inside the lid... I have read heaps of stories of snakes being found there :)

wait for night time , grab a torch and have a genral look everywhere . then do it at 12- 1 am ..

Lost my son's stimson tonight after a paniced search and thinking how will I tell him we found it in his helmet curled up

lol i lost my spotted once and to my brothers surprise it was in his shoe box and when he went to get his school shoes he got a big kiss strait on the hand (by the snake)

try checking in warm spots in your house. My friend baiden lost his childrens pythons once and it was under the fridge

We lost our Stimson's once too, found him in between 2 cupboards, but one trick was to sprinkle your floor with baby powder at night, if he comes out he will leave a trail. And yes the heat mat and food idea too :) Good luck.

Check everywhere, even if you think they wouldnt fit. I lost my Diamond and then found it 3 weeks later in my filing cabinet.

My dad once lost his bearded dragon, found it after we were moving our fridge out into the garage 2 days later, he crawled out from inside the bottom of it and went straight back to his enclosure haha

I wish you every success in locating it!

In the meantime have been able to ascertain how it escaped fro its enclosure? Being positive and presuming it will turn up, you want a repeat performance. I do know that small Stimson’s are often able to fit through the gap between sliding glass doors, depending on the size of the rack and the thickness of the glass used. The way to prevent this is to use the self=adhesive weather strip – the one that is similar to carpet is better than the foam strip.

Blue

i lost my snake and i found it 2 weeks later behind the toilet flusher thing. I would check where the would be heat and dark, under fridge, washing machine etc.
If you find it it will be when your not looking for it.
Good Luck

I had an out door enclosure, and a neighbour fed my snakes while i was away once. Didnt shut the door properly and i thought i had lost my big carpet i have had for years... Was lying in bed just after i got back stressing and i heard the chooks going off.. Turns out her natural instincts had kicked in....She was hungry.

i lost my childrens python 3 weeks ago and havent been able to find her. im devistated ive looked eveywhere and ive also done the heat mat and food trick :( it would literally be the best thing thats every happened to me if i found her.

If you're using heat to entice her you might want to turn airconditioners down to
a chilly temp to get her out. Not sure what your temps are at the moment.

thanks for all the suggestions, still no luck, but still looking, hopefully he'll appear soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back