Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Went this morning, seemed to be a good number of displays etc.

The only downside I saw was the food/drink place. No prices shown (or even a list of what they had), the drink fridge was 1/2 full of warm drinks (most "cold" drink had been sold by just after 10am so you had limited choice) and for anyone wanting coffee, they were still waiting for the urn to boil (coffee should have been ready first thing). So to the food people, if you read this, you should have been better prepared.

I had the most awesome time. My poor mother was exhausted after being dragged around by me for hrs and hrs. I adored the olives and the gtps, mum wasn't too sure about the olives though haha.
Had a great time. Will definately come again next year.

Had a good time. Shame there was few selling enclosures. As after the crackers I got off baden. Im running out of room!

Last edited:
386756_10150377029337913_612172912_8467320_431414043_n.jpg

Me smiling and attempting to back away slowly taking a beautiful olive with me. I would have held her for hrs!

390966_10150377030697913_612172912_8467324_2077333647_n.jpg

I would've taken this beautiful girl home with me anyday.

Last edited:
I went today and it was awesome, the Jag Python was a big attraction. The guest speakers were awesome and so was the demonstrations. Had a fun day! Thanks Scales and Tales! I uploaded some pics on my profile that i took with my phone, they arent the best but i got some shots of the Jag Python and some of the other nice looking snakes.

Had a good time, and picked up some of the calcium carbonate substrate to test out. Two things though:

1. The lack of stalls selling enclosures and accessories was disappointing. There was Pet City selling a limited range, and North Ipswich.
2. I forgot my licence and couldn't buy one of Solar17's animals

I took my licence and a piano and a half,found nothing to spend it on except for some stuff off Scott(virides) and a calendar to help the Tassy devils.I knew it was limited to what to sell,but hoped on anything from a breeder to a rumor with upcoming hatchies,no joy.Overall good expo and good to speak to Bob Irwin.

Last edited:
There wasn't many snakes for sale?
I am sure this being the first year they can sell there and the breeding season has only just started that there will be a heap available next year....

I'll be there next year with alot more than just 50 spotteds for sale.

There wasn't many snakes for sale?
I am sure this being the first year they can sell there and the breeding season has only just started that there will be a heap available next year....

I'll be there next year with alot more than just 50 spotteds for sale.
i think i saw about 5 people selling. inc you and baden. it would have been nice to have some info on each snake displayed im sure we missed some good ones of yours as it was hard to see them on the substrate cos they so tiny and the table was 2 tubs deep. good variety though!

i think i saw about 5 people selling. inc you and baden. it would have been nice to have some info on each snake displayed im sure we missed some good ones of yours as it was hard to see them on the substrate cos they so tiny and the table was 2 tubs deep. good variety though!

Yar I wasn't even there today as I am at work ,I haven't even seen anything yet.
Next year will be a great year!
Info and cool snakes!

Free beer? are we aloud Free beer?

haha I will have to work on the free beer part :D

Just wanting to say THANK YOU very much to joy from scales and tails for organising a great expo this year. And I am spewing I did not win blonde spotted in the auction (young guy in front with white t shirt) oh well always next year.
HAHAHAHAHAH also did anyone else see that young kid get nailed by the woma at the ERD show. Lol don't play with a snakes face HAHAHAHAH.

Last edited:
Forgot the damn camera of course, got this one of my boy with a Coastal.

The only thing that I didn't like was we went to look at the For Sales and the music was bloody loud (must be my old age) impossible to talk to sellers, not sure if it upsets the snakes or not either.

All in all a good day though.

Attachments

• Lachlan- Snake.jpg
    Lachlan- Snake.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 349
Went for a couple of hours this morning, some very nice animals and displays to be seen and as always it was good to have a chat to a few people. As a Gecko fan, was pretty disappointed with the small number on display (2 Aspers, 3 Amyae, 2 Pilbs and 1 Milli from memory) but there was a good number of skinks and monitors on display. Also not much in the way of Geckos for sale (1 Asper and 1 Milli), but that was probably due to the timing being early in hatchie season.

1. The lack of stalls selling enclosures and accessories was disappointing. There was Pet City selling a limited range, and North Ipswich.

Agree with you on that one, very limited in that department compared with the Gold Coast Expo earlier in the year.

Well done to all involved, I'm sure it will be bigger and better next year, can't wait :)

I've never been before so had no expectations but thoroughly enjoyed myself. My little bloke was stoked to get his picture with a little croc and was over the moon when Johno (?) from ERD gave him a BHP to hold while they sorted out the crocodile for the pic.

IMG_0002.jpg
The best part of the day had to be when my python resistant partner gave me the go ahead to add a BHP to my small collection ...... WIN!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back