Question for Amyae breeders

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smithers

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey there,

I have put my male Amyae over 2 females tonight and both females were belly down tail end in the air wiggling the back end like no bodies in his face.

As I have had this before with Levis which I found out was a non receptive behaviour I was wondering if it's the same for Amyae?

Cheers in advance.

That is correct.. females may not be ready..

Thanks mate, ;) both girls are 3yrs+ have been cooled and separated,.... any tips?

Last edited:
Mine have shown the same behaviour when not receptive. I just take the male out and try every couple of days even every day if you want. Eventually they become receptive. The good thing is it only takes once.

Don't worry smithers, as has already been said, the females weren't in the mood and probably had a 'headache' lol

Just try again and again until they give in lol

As others have said, just keep trying every few days Brett. It's one of these situation where no actually means yes :p

Good luck mate

LMAO @ buying flowers, Thanks everyone for your helpful and humorous posts, I'll persevere with them :)

Last edited:
Lol at all the comments above maybe play some good old Barry white to get them in the mood haha good luck Smithers :)

I had the same problem, females did not seem interested at all, I just kept re introducing over a while, never witnessed any sign of interest or copulation but both females have dropped a clutch each, was starting to think I was gonna miss out.
Good luck with it

I had the same problem, females did not seem interested at all, I just kept re introducing over a while, never witnessed any sign of interest or copulation but both females have dropped a clutch each, was starting to think I was gonna miss out.
Good luck with it

Thanks for the well wishes Blue ;) If you don't mind me asking, should I try every other day or once a week with them?

Congrats on your clutches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back