beardy breeding box... what do i need

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TomsPhotos

Reaction score
hi everybody :) i dont know what to do for a breeding box none of my 2 are pregnant but a friend may
anyway hope someone helps this time

Thomas ;)

they need somewhere with deep sand about 30 cm deep. it needs to be moist so that it doesnt cave in when the dig in it. (hint: if you dont want a blood red beardie dont use red sand it takes ages for the stain to come off)

storage tub from $2 shop and some washed sydney or sandpit sand, burying a piece tile or similar a few inches down at one end of the tub will help minimise cave ins. Then just dig a bit of a hole down to and slightly under the tile to get her started

i use the coco fibre bricks from bunnings, with a piece of slate tile for her to burrow under. same kinda box as wally's above

wat happens when you wet them :lol:
that's what you do. leave the coco brick in a bucket of water ( follow instructions on pack for how much) then it swells up and loosens. i use it as substrate in the lizard enclosures too, mixed with a bit of sand.

oh lol thats what me and dad use for substrate all the time i thought you meant in its solid form

(incase you dont know its called coir peat aswell)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back