Scared of rabbits

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dansfish4tea

Reaction score
Morning,

Ive had a BHP for awhile now hes over 7ft, just like any other bhp all ways smashes food like theres no tomorrow.
but hes freaked out of rabbits and i mean Freaked out. if I put one in hes cage (dead) hell come up ready to eat then hell notice its a rabbit and all hell breaks lose. Jumps around the cage freezes up stiffens up runs and hides and wont calm down untill i remove it.
Somtimes hell come straight out and want some food within a few mins after i have removed it,
other times he will freak out for a few days. At first i was like *** but now just looks like hes chucking a tantrum just like the kids anyone else had this problem

Cheers Dan

I have 1 big girl that is the same. If it is not a rat she will try and smash the glass to get away from whatever vile food I have offered. All my others eat chicken legs ,quail ,rats ,rabbits but not her.

They might have seen the footage of the rabbit chasing the snake up a tree!

:lol: sorry, but the image i have in my head of a 7ft snake 'running' in fear of a fluffy soft bunny just really cracked me up........can you get video footage? :p

yea it is a good laugh but annoying i want it to eat the biggest thing i can find not 4 large rats

Yeah i can laugh when it isnt my food being wasted i guess! I hope when my girl is that size she isnt afraid of 'fluffy' aswell! :lol: Still cracking me up though!

Our BHPs love rabbits. Love them to bits. And quail. We can't feed them those though, not unless we want to clean up five miles of the runs spray-painted across the back wall. Maybe it's for the best...?

Our BHPs love rabbits. Love them to bits. And quail. We can't feed them those though, not unless we want to clean up five miles of the runs spray-painted across the back wall. Maybe it's for the best...?

EEEWWWWW! :lol: Glad its u! I take back what i said earlier, i hope Matilda is scared, very scared, i dont want her spray painting anything!

Gosh these BHPs sound like pussies. I have seen the frenzic reaction when they're in feed mode, its like they need medication to calm them down. And to chuck a tantrum over having to eat veges when they'd rather the lollies? Ha! I don't find that an easy one to believe. Maybe he goes into blind feed response, knowing food is on offer but doesn't recognise the smell of the rabbit as food? I have never witnessed such behaviour in any of my carpets like how the BHPs react.

Maybe in a past life it was a chook and the easter bunny tried to use it to make easter eggs.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back