URGENT! pigmy bearded dragons just mated

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TomsPhotos

Reaction score
:shock: what the hell do i do i pulled her out and shes in a tub with wire lid now and shes got heat uv and a hide

did you plan on breeding them?

no we wer planning on giving them away but i want the babbys anyway :?

maybe you shouldnt keep the babies or have breeding pairs considering you were saying how much you and your dad were struggling to look after the animals you have......:?

we are still going to give away other pigmys (we have 4 including the breeding pair)

Last edited:
Giving away 4, only to keep babies seems a little pointless doesnt it? I agree with miss2, you said it made you really sad that you & your dad are not able to look after all your pets properly, replacing the ones you get rid of isnt going to make things any easier for you! Im not 'being nasty', im just a bit concerned that you are still wanting more animals, when you really just need to be concentrating on the proper housing/heating etc for the ones you want to keep!

sorry i am a bit confused, ill talk to dad (hes at work at the moment). and ill explain later ok?

There isnt much to be confused about......you cant afford to house, heat & feed the animals you have, you a/ reduce your collection b/ dont replace the animals you part with & c/ use the money to get everything in order for the pets you will keep. Sorry if that sounds harsh, i really dont mean it to, but you need to realise if you come here asking for help, & people offer you help (which i seen others offer to try help you rehome some of these animals) you really shouldnt be then coming back here saying you now want to keep some more!

There isnt much to be confused about......you cant afford to house, heat & feed the animals you have, you a/ reduce your collection b/ dont replace the animals you part with & c/ use the money to get everything in order for the pets you will keep. Sorry if that sounds harsh, i really dont mean it to, but you need to realise if you come here asking for help, & people offer you help (which i seen others offer to try help you rehome some of these animals) you really shouldnt be then coming back here saying you now want to keep some more!

Listen to Bel buddy.

yes i am going to re-home, yes i know i should not keep them, no i cant use that money because dad would like to give them to people who deserve them and yes i have help so i agree im going to talk to dad about hatching them and trying to give them away this was not something i planned i thought they were all female

I understand accidents can happen, & as i said, i dont mean to sound harsh, i just worry you will soon have sick animals, which of course are going to end up costing alot more. Goodluck anyway, i hope you & your dad work something out that is in the best interest of your pets.

no im yet to figure that out

I understand accidents can happen, & as i said, i dont mean to sound harsh, i just worry you will soon have sick animals, which of course are going to end up costing alot more. Goodluck anyway, i hope you & your dad work something out that is in the best interest of your pets.

hey tom,
do you maybe want to put up pics of your animals and there enclosures and people on here can give you tips and advice on how to get the best for your pet.
after your burmiation thread lots of people offered you ideas and you made the changes to improve your beardie ( logs and heat lamp) so maybe you might be intrested in poping up some more and people can help you again?
a lot of people on here have made things them selves and everyone likes to save money so there might be a lot of ideas for you for doing it on the cheap :)

If you can barely afford to keep adults alive and healthy, then you should let the eggs die rather then let the babies suffer should they hatch. Keeping pets isn't about what you want, it's about looking after the best interests of the animals.

Alternatively, you could give them away now before she lays eggs. That way they can be cared for properly.

ERMMMM, animals mate there's not much you can do now other than wait for eggs or give them away while she is still gravid to someone that has the ability to care for the eggs properly when she lays them.
From what others have written here it sounds like you need to get your husbandry in order and have been having some issues. The nicest and kindest thing you can do for the animals is sell or give away the animals and not replace them until you are in a much better situation to be able to care for ALL of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back