Huskies- who else out there owns this gorgeous breed.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

melissagalea2

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi, as a mum of a gorgeous 15 month old siberian husky. i would love to see some pics of other people who also own them as well. or any stories of there huskies. they are hands down the most frustrating, annoying, loving, naughtiest but somehow best dog to own. mine has become my second child. i love her to bits. cheers
mel
First photo is when she was born, second and third photos are when she was 4 weeks old. 1 day old.jpg4 weeks old.jpg4 weeks old first visit.jpg

some more photos of her growing up. 4 weeks old ...jpg8 weeks old. . . .jpg8 weeks old.......jpg3 1.5 months broken shoulder.jpg10 weeeks old.jpg5 month naughty.jpg5 months old. .jpg

11 months old.jpgThis is Tala's mum and dadwolf and mia.jpg
IMG_3913.jpgIMG_4435.jpgIMG_4469.jpgtalaedit.jpgtalaedit.jpg

in the campervanIMG_6679.jpgIMG_6481.jpg

Last edited:
This is storm the malamute x Husky. She was adopted about a month and a half ago as a companion for out male Malamute. she is approx 2yo. She is very chatty and loves nothing more than your undivided attention.

IMG_4316.jpg

Your husky has gorgeous eyes! and I love the rusty colored fur

This is Rowen. We got him off of Craigslist about 6 months ago because the guy didn't have time for him anymore. He is around 4 years old and such a pain but he is worth it. He is a really sweet dog and loves attention.

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 56
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 51
  • 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 67
  • 100.jpg
    100.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 74
  • 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 72
hey i have a 9yr old b/w husky wit ice blue eyes(freaky) and she is a bitch!!over her life she has escaped aleast adozen times,very very sneaky but love her 2 bits.

my girlfriend had to put her husky down over 2 weeks ago due to his hips was a horrific day that day still cant get that pic of him taking his final nap out of my head

She is gorgeous Melissa! I love photo 9........'what, i never liked this pillow anyway' :lol: Oh & photo 7, nawwwww, the poor little thing, how did she break her shoulder?

Hey Mel! Long time no hear!!!

Absolutely gorgeous photos! Very nice indeed!

And the dogs aren't too bad either ;)

I love the one blue one brown eye thats heaps good.

whats the temprement like? Are they well behaved? definetly gorgeous dogs.

I don't own a husky as such I have a pomeranian though but I'll post picks later

my girlfriend had to put her husky down over 2 weeks ago due to his hips was a horrific day that day still cant get that pic of him taking his final nap out of my head

sorry to hear mate :(

thanks guys some gorgeous dogs, and sad stories. i never tire of looking at photos of huskies and malamutes. i will hav to take some new photos of my furry baby.

Last edited:
I have one 9 year boy who is fantastic full of personality and is just the greatest although since we had to put his wife to sleep she was 17 and she was awesome as well
He has been greiving alot and craving alot of attention but he is getting better
I could never see myself owning another type of dog they are just fantastic
And literally human with their vocalism
He actually talks back
Which I have seen other huskies do
I love them top dogs if you don't mind the hair

HI PAUL , i missed you. yeah, thought i would come back to APS. :)

Digitilliss- did i spell that right.?? lol your girl is gorgeous. would love to see pics of the boy.

morelia4life- hehe gorgeous. they are buggers hey. but worth every ounce of trouble.

black_headed_mum - my girl is so bloody naughty, but in my eyes she can never do any wrong. lol

venomdude- i feel for your girlfgriend, i have a daughter, and we cant hav any more kids, so my husky was brought as my second child, so i would be absolutely devistated to have to get her put down.

Bel711- she broke her shoulder when she was 3 months old. was horrible, silly thing was running 100 miles an hour thru the house, and clipped her shoulder on the theatre room wall. she clipped a piece of bone straight off....so emergency trip and lots of visits later she is all good. she has a limp occasionaly if i have excersised her alot. but otherwise happy as a nutter.

justdragons- i call my dog the worlds best dog. but secretly, they are the hardest bloody dog to own. they are so dominent and everything has to be there way. they dont listen, they are ignorant. but my dog is so damn loyal to me. when i get home and open that door she is only interested in me and talking to me when she is excited. they are alot of hard work. but if u are prepared to put up with all there bad parts. the good parts make up for it in the end.

kr0nick - my daughter has a little pomxmaltese . cute little things. we call it my huskys expensive chew toy. haha. nah, they are best friends. my husky loves him to bits.

thanks for the comments and pics guys.

Some more recent pics. the last one i took this morning.

bcross - since my husky is still young, wat are they like at 9 years of age. has he settled at all?
i dont ever want my girl to settle. if she has to have her needles at vets or desexed she is so damn quiet for a couple of days, and i bloody hate it. i miss the loud annoying furry lump she is.
and u are right. they do talk. everyday i come home she is so loud and i encourage her (which gets hubby annoyed lol) but i love it.
i went away last week and she had to stay at a doggy hotel. u should hav heard the noise she was making as soon as she heard my voice. it made me feel loved. hehe

Attachments

• IMAG0081.jpg
    IMAG0081.jpg
    296 KB · Views: 92
  • IMAG0784.jpg
    IMAG0784.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 78
  • IMAG0798.jpg
    IMAG0798.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 73
  • IMAG0921-1.jpg
    IMAG0921-1.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 79
  • IMAG0953-1.jpg
    IMAG0953-1.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 74
  • IMAG1083.jpg
    IMAG1083.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 96
  • IMAG1283.jpg
    IMAG1283.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
They become more mature and very regal and proud but still young at heart even my 17year old girl would still get excited and try and jump around to express how happy she was to see us
RIP my beautiful Chilali (Chilli)
They do learn to behave I was given a wolf pack doco by the breeder and was told to watch it
It helped
For discipline you just have to be firm but fair just like you are with your kids
Awesome dogs but though they always make us laugh
So many stories one day I returfed the back yard went for a swim only to get out and find 100m2 squared torn to shreds
Oh well so much for the sir Walter
If you have huskies stick to kikuyu
Recovers so much quicker when they decide to landscape

Digitilliss- did i spell that right.?? lol your girl is gorgeous. would love to see pics of the boy.

LOL! its Digitaliss, but that's Ok. Here is a picture of my male, but please keep in mind he it a Malamute, NOT a Husky.

IMG_2398copy.jpg

stunning male malamute. they are gorgeous
Bcross- we had a beautiful pergola, lots of plants in pots that i had been growing for years. in one day my dog ripped all the plants out of the pots, ate the power cables to the water pump and the outside light, chewed up the pool motor and lead and ripped down all the bush fencing. i still found myself smiling.....in shock i think.....hubby was very angry. but u know wat, at the end of the day thats the price u pay for owning one of these dogs. and i wouldnt trade her in for a million bucks (hubby would lol)

stunning male malamute. they are gorgeous
Thank you! My main problem with these two is they dig, especially if its hot. They build nests the cool ground ( which they have to dig the top top soil, grass, plants, mulch etc away to get too). She also has a few behavioral "problems" which we have not yet rectified as we have only had her for just over a month, and Huskies are so stubborn. But we are slowly teaching her, her manners. My most intresting experience with the both of them together would have to be one night when my finance and I were out running with them. I had jogged ahead with her and she suddenly yanked at her lead to try and get to another dog on the other side of a fence. This sent me somersaulting up the bitumen of the road and resulted with me laying in the middle of the street aching, in shock and bleeding. As a result, my male, who loves me more than anything in the world, panicked and nearly pulled my fiance clean off his feet in such a rush to get to me and make sure I was still ok. The poor thing was more concerned about me that my fiance. If that doesn't show that a dog loves his owner, then what does?

we own a few here are ours Halli or mumma bear, Compton the talkative ratbag and Brooklyn the Boof head... The photo of Compton is a bit old now he was going through the stage where his nose and ears are bigger than the rest of him he's caught up to them now though.

Attachments

• Halli3.jpg
    Halli3.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 38
  • P5140022.jpg
    P5140022.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 35
  • DSCF0144.jpg
    DSCF0144.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Digitaliss, they r funny buggers. my girl will pull and pull and pull if there is a dog up ahead. its almost impossible to control i just pray they turn down a different street to us, either that or i will one day hav my shoulder ripped from its socket.
my girl dont dig, but i have a small pool for her, u know those half shells. i fill it about a foot full of water. when ever she is hot she goes and lays in it. sometimes she will fall asleep in there. every night she sleeps in the shower, cause its wet from us showering and the tiles keep her cool. plus we leave the air con on for her. i feel if the breed of dog is going to live in our hot climate then we need to do wat we can to keep them cool.

Mace699, stunning doggies. i never get sick of looking at pics of them. there are a few people with huskies and mals around my area. and they are always nutcases.

Yeah they are stunning dogs hey. Interesting fact Mel i read a study once that huskies/ mals are an extreme climate dog and that their coat allows them to thrive in hot conditions as well as cold something to do with it acting like insulation.. cant remember what the study was called but i'll see if i can find it they took 9-10 huskies to a desert somewhere and bred them was some pretty cool research but what they got out of it was that dogs raised in harsh conditions where generally healthier than those kept in temperatures between 1-30degrees .. but that there was no coat, size or health differences between the ones bred in the dessert or the snow... was a really good read will see if i can find it for you has lots of cool pics... them playing in sand dunes and sledding and stuff haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back