Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry bout boofys cage bein a bit messy he likes to run thru his vegies lol. they wernt very happy with me at all... boodoo was giving me evils out of his cage so i decided to just leave him be... hansel and gretel came out ok but gretel as normal decided to try and eat me for first 5 min then she calmed down a little... hansel decided he didnt even wanna wake up lol.... as u can see tho the stuff looks great i only got 3 5kg bags (only..) and their is still that much left after filling 3 and a half good size enclosures...boofy decided to turn black at me taking his picture maybe cause i turned his light off for the rest of the day =s he seems to do it alot.... looks cool wen he does it but im not to sure why they do it? any one know why they change colour?

p.s pics are off my iphone so isnt horrible but not the best either =)

IMG_0714.jpgIMG_0897.jpgIMG_0893.jpgIMG_0873.jpgIMG_0872.jpgIMG_0882.jpgIMG_0871.jpgIMG_0852.jpgIMG_0843.jpgIMG_0834.jpgIMG_0826.jpgIMG_0822.jpgIMG_0820.jpgIMG_0808.jpgIMG_0801.jpgIMG_0792.jpgIMG_0914.jpg

if u contact them they can supply ur local pet shop with the stuff will work out cheaper that way i guess cause u dont have to pay postage, so if u were to have a talk with ur pet shop mite work out ok =)

Last edited:
They don't seem to have distributors for anywhere other than NSW at the moment ...

They are currently organizing distributers in Qld and other states.... Send them an email asking if they can let you know when it will be available in your state :)

jakawak, what grade do you have for your beardie?

Hope the distributors in QLD are set up soon, I realised I probably didn't buy enough of the medium coarseness to cover the entire enclosure (in the colour I want). Shall have to see if I can convince my local store to get some in so I can start using it. Otherwise, maybe there is some way to organise a group buy with members here? (assuming we are allowed to organise them on this forum)

I bought some tonight from the Macartur Herp Society meeting (1st time). Chris is a super nice bloke that loves a chat, he has been going around to all the Sydney region society's (and joining them) to sell and expand his business, so he'll probably be around your way if you attend a Sydney meeting. He said he's also trying hard to get it set up in each state and a lot more stores are enquiring about it recently. So he's feeling positive about the future.

I got 2 bags of orange medium for my woma, so I'll set that up tomorrow and get some pics up.

well i recived my order today , it looks like i have enough for 3 enclosures [ enclosure is 3ft long x 2ft wide]
i took some pics .

Attachments

• before.jpg
    before.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 145
  • after.jpg
    after.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 152
  • checking out the new substrate.jpg
    checking out the new substrate.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 141
  • wild crystals.jpg
    wild crystals.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 126
  • how much is left.jpg
    how much is left.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 123
i cant believe every one's goin nutz for this stuff.....if i had that in my enclosures it would feel like i was walking into a preschool or kindergym every time i opened the herp room door,lol

spose the snakes could care less what colour their dirt is tho, as long as they get fed,haha

My woma loves it, as soon as I put him in it he started flicking it around and diving in it.

So my Woma loves her substrate. She goes "surfing" through it. Although the spotteds I have on pebbles don't seem to appreciate it.

Attachments

• IMG_0004.jpg
    IMG_0004.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 107
The guy just up my road is the one who designed and made this :)

My Woma loves it, I took these pics as soon as I put him in there..... no the place is a mess because he loves to dig around in it. And it's really easy to keep clean, a couple of sheets of paper towel and the mess is gone.

_DSC40401024x678.jpg

_DSC40591024x678.jpg

My Woma loves it, I took these pics as soon as I put him in there..... no the place is a mess because he loves to dig around in it. And it's really easy to keep clean, a couple of sheets of paper towel and the mess is gone.

which type of Woma is he?

The difference I am told with the Wild Crystal product is that it doesn't contain marble which is what cause impaction.

Marble is calcium carbonate.
"Wild Crystal" is advertised as calcium carbonate.
Someone told you something silly Peter.

Incidently, I note errors in grammar and spelling in the first sentence on their web site. Perhaps offputting to some potential customers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back