Who's Started Christmas shopping

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IgotFrogs

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Ok Guy's
I'm just wondering who's started their christmas shopping ...... My Husband and I are going shopping tomorrow for my two sons for christmas presents Zak who's almost 15 (in January) and Josh who's just turned 13 ... Having a hard time thinking what to get them this year ,,,,
So i was wondering what have you guys brought or have plans to buy for you and yours this year ???

Last edited:
I bought the kids a trampoline back in July, it's paid down to the last dollar and I just have to pick it up before the day. We'll be having christmas interstate with the family so in the interests of giving them something little to get on the day(since the 14ft trampoline won't be able to make it :p ) my 7 year old is getting a tank for his snake, the 5 year old is getting a heap of squinkies(don't ask, weird obsession :p ) and the 2 year old is getting some dress ups. I'm also sewing a bright coloured fabric play tent to fit over our huge hills hoist which they'll get as a group if I get it done in time.

Don't know what anyone else is getting at this stage

Well im getting a 550d for my birthday 30th nov
and for Christmas im saving up the cash for this $1300 dirt jumping bike

Does your son like reptiles?
maybe a frog or snake or lizard

and whats squinkies

LOL they are these little squishy rubber figurines, they come in everything from little animals and babies to 'cars' and all the marvel comics characters. He's got a little collection of them and I discovered I can order a bulk pack of 100 off ebay for like $30 ($20 for 16 at the shops usually). He's a really quiet little kid who keeps to himself a lot and this is one of his little things he loves :)

well at this point we are thinking mobile phones (pre paid) and a mountain bike each Hrmmm bit unsure i guess we'll see tomorrow

We do Christmas after Christmas these days, my sons 16 now and is happy to wait for the sales in January so he can get more for the same price. We haven't done the surprise thing for years now so it makes little difference except it is a lot cheaper and less stressful. We still have lunch/dinner and exchange small gifts on the day. Last year we almost forgot about it completely, didn't even have a tree.

12 year old wants an iPad, while 11 year old wants an iPhone cause she all ready got herself the iPad, the 9 year old wants a dollhouse, more in the price range I had in mind. However, I'd much prefere ONE good pressy than all those small bits and bobs and pieces that just end up laying iin my way anyways. So the deal is they wish for money, and if they get close enough, mum will put in the rest for whatever icrap they want

We start ours just after Christmas and are usually finished just before.
Bikes are always good. Yeh we have technology but still like the old fashoned stuff as well. Our 9 and 10 year old have put the order in for an upgrade.
All I want is my RBB but everyone keeps spending money on other things!

Well, I don't have any ... kids ... all grown up and basically gone away. But there is a little 2 1/2 yr old grandson of my husbands and we got him type of hobby horse...but it has a reindeers head and you press it's ear and it plays a carol. Like a head on a stick is all, but very cute. Teenage granddaughters a figurine with curly wires for them to hang jewellery on. Gift vouchers, money, stuff like that for others. We don't decorate the house anymore, no one comes to visit us, we go to hubbys kids place for lunch...it's usually a good day.

I've finished all mine!!! I normally get the males in my family nice shirts/alcohol, unless they request something else. I got my sister some nice perfume that she wanted, females in my family get nice body butters/scrubs etc. Mum got some tea cups to complete a set, she only had 2 before, and some bathers she was eyeing off. My nan got a new nightie and a tea cup saying worlds best bolwer (she plays bowls).

I do ALOT of cooking around christmas so my family is spoilt with home made christmas cake, puddings, home made fruit mince pies (with home made fillings), nice rum balls more like rum and raisin truffles.

I did all my Christmas shopping about a month ago and most of which I get online. i save about 50% a year on the same stuff i could buy in the shops. Got my 15 year old brother an xbox game and an ipod. got my mum a heap of jewellery, and my dad i got some nice red wines. With the wines, i either buy a case online or i just go to a few nice cellar doors down McLaren Vale area SA. If you go to the cellar door they are so much cheaper than dan murphys and all those shops. you also get to meet the winemaker and have free tastings. ;)

Cause of the money i save, i think, why not buy myself a little something too? So i bought some nice carbon fibre insert cufflinks and a few other bits of pieces :)

I love the feeling of giving.

I've got a secret Satan to do this year - $10 limit. Not sure what to get - buying for a sporty, outdoors female...

As for your boys, just buy them a PS3!

I have so far bought my older brother some tshirts. I have bought my sister (who is 23 too) the 'complete book of Grimms Fairytales', im so excited about it :) I think its a great idea

Slim6y, you could look at an arm band for carrying ipods or iphones when running? No idea how much they are though but might fit your limit

Last edited:
i did all my shopping 3 nephews and 1 niece from Toys Paradise online :p $200 later and im all good, just to do mum and dad now

Secret Santa... I must have inadvertently and completely accidentally used the same letters but different order ;)

sister 21 at uni and a check out chick: 1TB portable hard drive
mother 55 (i think) Registered nurse: sister and i are going halves this year and getting her a TV
Me 24 Unemployed: Sister is getting me 2x ER seasons, mum is getting me 2x ER seasons and then i'm buying season 15.

Yoda: More Sand
Keiko: Rats
Norbet: Crickets

James: Stethoscope with his name engraved on it

Yes i just Got some more rats for my reptiles. So they have a great christmas feast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back