Step carefully, the snakes are back (snake sentinel Ad)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"The annual snake invasion" - sounds bigger than Normandy.

Obviously they don't work, but I'd rather people have these around their yard rather than nylon netting or a shovel. Placebo is sometimes very important.

Exactly Jonno, I dont poo-hoo them like I used to for just that reason.
Lots of people swear they work,
I say,
let them believe they do and give the impression that they might and it keeps them happy.
I spend more time reassuring the phobics than i do catching the snakes.

This video taken a few weeks ago where the tigersnake
was living quite happily while six of these things were beeping around it.
[video=youtube;dFOgtVtWxwA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFOgtVtWxwA[/video]

I'll stick to my proven method.... urinating on the outskirts of my yard ;)

NO,NO,NO - that's proven to just attract them to your yard. That's why I only urinate in my neighbours yards and never in my own.

Hahaha,

Who actually knows if the devices were there cause I didn't see any in the video (mind you I was watching it on my phone). There was only one shown and you didn't see that until the end when it was sitting there. They couldn't just sell them and claim what they are suppose to do as there could be a few awesome law suites on the makers if that was the case.

Personally I don't care. Snakes are everywhere and if they do slightly work good on them. Its the same as the electronic leg rope on the surfboards which are meant to deter sharks. I've seen video's of smaller sharks that won't go near them though larger ones not giving a crap. They could possibly work on smaller snakes though the larger the snake gets the more ("electronic") pulse would be required to deter it???

Just a thought.

Though at over $100 a pop people are making a killing lol

Last edited:
One thing I really dislike is when the sellers of these products sign up to forums pretending to be customers raving about how effective they are.

Speaking of people pretending to be someone else online, I just read the first comment lol

Last edited:
Obviously they don't work, but I'd rather people have these around their yard rather than nylon netting or a shovel. Placebo is sometimes very important.
Excellent point

This video taken a few weeks ago where the tigersnake
was living quite happily while six of these things were beeping around it.
First time I've seen the drawstring in action - very impressed

I find that only keeps away other men and large dogs

The real problem with urinating in your yard is you either a) have to drink large amounts when you live on a decent 1/4 acre, or b) add a little bit of your urine fence per day (or hour when having a few beves).

The problem associated with b) is that you can actually start, leave a section open, a snake enters, you close that section with your next urination, and whammo... Snake is trapped on your property.

I'm always amazed at how many people just don't think about that!

Very good point, i would much rather simply remove a snake from someones front yard then pull one out of a nylon net.

'One lady who lives near the O’Connell pub swears by them'

Had to laugh, quality source of evidence right there.

'One lady who lives near the O’Connell pub swears by them'

Had to laugh, quality source of evidence right there.

This always comes to mind:

After a single bear wandering into town has drawn an over-reaction from the residents of Springfield, Homer stands outside his house and muses, “Not a bear in sight. The Bear Patrol is working like a charm!”

Lisa sees through his reasoning: “That’s specious reasoning, dad.” Homer, misunderstanding the word “specious”, thanks her for the compliment.

Optimistically, she tries to explain the error in his argument: “By your logic, I could claim that this rock keeps tigers away.” Homer is confused: “Hmm; how does it work?” Lisa: “It doesn’t work; it’s just a stupid rock!” Homer: “Uh-huh.” Lisa: “… but I don’t see any tigers around, do you?”

Homer, after a moment’s thought: “Lisa, I want to buy your rock…”

Lol, whenever someone is telling me about the snake that attacked their mate, or how they got "chased by a King Brown" in Brisbane, this is what immediately comes to mind! You have to mentally substitute the bear for a keelback....

[video=youtube_share;f5jyTwziY7o]http://youtu.be/f5jyTwziY7o[/video]

Last edited:
I got called out to a property to remove a snake. It was the first one she'd seen in seven years and she had a heap of these things around her property beeping away. during those 7 years the guy across the road had put a shovel to about 7 or 8 snakes. I'm not saying they work but it did make me wonder if there was something to them. There could could also be many other things that could have influenced the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back