Spotted python time between prepay and laying

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cadwallader

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
what is the average between pre lay shed and laying?
to know how long i should be waiting

people say 20 days but I have heard of them laying 30 days after so i would say a max of 30 days and a min of about 18 but most common is about 23-25 days

cheers Tyler

I've read 21-25 days in Keeping and breeding Australian pythons and they reference 20 clutches.
I like the typo in your thread "prepay and laying" :lol:

lol i have spell check ay so annoying:) well my girl hasn't eaten at least a couple of months, i believe (HOPE) she is gravid but it is 25 days now since she shed... so can they shed if they haven't eaten for so long with out damage to the scale etc???

Cadwallader be patient as good things come to those who wait lol....nah seriously my girl went at 23 days last year and 31 days this year, and i have found its due to when you turn up the temps on your girl as this year i turned them up really late. All my clutches are late this year and also my prelay to lay times.

Just my two cents take it as it comes and keep good records

Cheers
Congo

Last edited:
mine went 34 or 36 days .... for some reason I've heard of a few going longer this year

Peter
Your temps must of been low going into spring to get 45 days and you must of turned ur temps up slowly after her prelay which im guessing would of been about mid spring to get more than 30 days ??

Peter
Your temps must of been low going into spring to get 45 days and you must of turned ur temps up slowly after her prelay which im guessing would of been about mid spring to get more than 30 days ??

Congo you are very close although this was only 1 female and only a one off time!

My spotted has laid day 30 after pre lay I have another spotted that is day 19 after pre lay too. Maybe the crazy weather has some bearing too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back