Love Thy Customer...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a guy come into work today and demand a good deal on a new phone and plan or else he'll go to Vodafone I just thought to my self go on then.... But I had to be polite to the twat and the idiot still had like 300 to pay his contract out

I work in Optus so when ever something with a phone goes wrong it's automatically our fault even if it was something they did like smashing their phone then expecting us to give them a brand new one

I "love" when people complain about prices of things and go "tell your manager I won't be coming back" or "tell your manager I'm going to *insert rival store*"

yeahhhh buddy...'cause they really care if you do. but I wish you would! so we don't have to have dumb conversations like this one!

I know or they try and make us give them a heaps good deal coz they and I quote have been with u guy since u started up I was one of ur first customers.
Ive heard it twice in 2 days. No one cares we have our deals that's it nothing else dont like it bugger off somewhere else

I work in a Deli at Coles. Last week had a guy ask me for a kilo of cheerios. I told him he would find them in the breakfast food aisle. He said, no, cheerios, these things - he pointed to the cocktail frankfurts. He said in NZ they're called cheerios.

I work in a Deli at Coles. Last week had a guy ask me for a kilo of cheerios. I told him he would find them in the breakfast food aisle. He said, no, cheerios, these things - he pointed to the cocktail frankfurts. He said in NZ they're called cheerios.

dude, they've been called that in QLD since the 40's, so it's not exactly new or strange on the mainland ;)
maybe you've been too sheltered in your life? ;) :p

I've heard them be called 'Little Boys' and 'LBD's' but I can't say I've heard them be called Cheerios before. lol

I call them cheerios :D I never even used to know what the breakfast cereal ones were lol. Mhmm I feel like buying some now..

Bunnings stores...

I work at the makita call center and all i have to say is bunnings staff...
Really you would like a price on that "circjigrouter"? Tell me, what is it that it does?

I really though bunnings had a very vigorous interviews and training, but a circjigrouter?!
and if you call me up for a price on something, you gotta gimme something more than just, "it drills"?

I want to beat my head against a desk everytime one of them call us up haha

You can apply online, for a job at Bunnings, just like you can Coles, Woolies and any where else. Don't need to know which end of the nail goes into the timber, just need to know how to be nice and where stuff is kept on the shelves.

Didn't happen to me, but today at bi-lo I was in the cue and heard this conversation between teh check out girl and a customer

Note: The shops have just started that system when you put in a dollar to unlock the trolley, then when you click teh lock back in you get your dollar back.

Customer: I won't be using the trollies anymore if you have to pay
Girl: You get you dollar back, it's just so people return the trollies
Customer: I won't use it, someone will put fake coins in there
Girl: But you put your dollar in to get the trolley, they when you put it back, you get your dollar back
Customer: That's if someone hasn't put a fake coin in there
Girl: Ok

HAHAHAH ***? so when your not looking someone is going to somehow get your coin out replace it with a fake coin, then when you put your trolley back you be skimped a dollar?
oh my

my favourites were when i was working as a manager at woolworths. every night when i had to lock up so many people would try and get in as we are closing the doors and getting the last of the customers served and on their way.

then they come up with emergency situations to try and get in. like we really need to get some baby formula, or femenine hygiene products, or i just need some milk and bread.

standard response to every one "sorry , but it is against trading regulations to allow entry after ...O'clock" to which they will then sytand ther for 5 mins, waiting for you ti turn around, and try and sneak in,lol

oh , and if they did say they wanted baby formula or something like that, i would offer to let a staff member go and get it, and put it through at the front counter, but then it always seemed they didnt need it that badly afterwards, cos i never had 1 person take me up on that in 7 years

Didn't happen to me, but today at bi-lo I was in the cue and heard this conversation between teh check out girl and a customer

Note: The shops have just started that system when you put in a dollar to unlock the trolley, then when you click teh lock back in you get your dollar back.

Customer: I won't be using the trollies anymore if you have to pay
Girl: You get you dollar back, it's just so people return the trollies
Customer: I won't use it, someone will put fake coins in there
Girl: But you put your dollar in to get the trolley, they when you put it back, you get your dollar back
Customer: That's if someone hasn't put a fake coin in there
Girl: Ok

HAHAHAH ***? so when your not looking someone is going to somehow get your coin out replace it with a fake coin, then when you put your trolley back you be skimped a dollar?
oh my

WE get this at work all the time.

Another one I've had to deal with is

Customer: I'd like some double-smoked ham
ME: [I go to get the chub to cut some]
Customer: No, this one that is already cut up here will do
Me: That's not smoked, its normal ham.
Customer: Its double smoked.
Me: Ok. [So she gets normal leg ham.]

She came back in the next day for more. Again she asked for the double smoked. I looked at her and just got her the normal ham. I don't need to argue with the customers over what the meats are. The rules state they are always right so I guess that means they know my job better than I do.

I've heard them be called 'Little Boys' and 'LBD's' but I can't say I've heard them be called Cheerios before. lol

Its a queensland thing. when I moved down to NSW, I asked for cheerios, and the girl behind the deli counter looked at me like i was crazy and directed me to the cereal aisle. I was amazed that i had to go to the breakfast cereal aisle to get something that I could see was right in front of the girl...

I had a customer who held my attention for over 15mins while he complained about the prices of our stuff. He buys his processed meats direct from PRIMO and ridiculed Coles for the mark up they have on the products, expecting that they should sell the same price as what they buy it from PRIMO. I tried explaining to him I don't make the prices, I only work here, I'll get the boss for him, but he totally ignored me as he dawdled his away along the DELI, meanwhile I've had to callout for assistance so others could come in and serve the other customers. AFter that incident, the boss told me that I can walk away from customers like that and call out to the who ever is on duty. I don't have to stand there and listen to crap like that. So I don't anymore.

my favourites were when i was working as a manager at woolworths. every night when i had to lock up so many people would try and get in as we are closing the doors and getting the last of the customers served and on their way.

then they come up with emergency situations to try and get in. like we really need to get some baby formula, or femenine hygiene products, or i just need some milk and bread.

standard response to every one "sorry , but it is against trading regulations to allow entry after ...O'clock" to which they will then sytand ther for 5 mins, waiting for you ti turn around, and try and sneak in,lol

oh , and if they did say they wanted baby formula or something like that, i would offer to let a staff member go and get it, and put it through at the front counter, but then it always seemed they didnt need it that badly afterwards, cos i never had 1 person take me up on that in 7 years

I've turned up when the clock on the wall right next to the entrance has stated 10 minutes to close and have been turned away. It sucks that everyone makes those excuses, because I really was desperate for baby food (had nothing in the cupboards and I'm up all night if the wee one doesn't get his mush), my husband had had the car all day and it's not like we're in walking distance. If a manager had made me that offer I'd have snapped it up, but he just laughed in my face and said "whatever love"
It was pretty rude, but I don't blame him. I blame the people who use their kids as an excuse to browse for half an hour past close and hold everyone up. Next time you see one of those guys belt them for me will you? Because their lies are the norm I got about half an hour's sleep and a marathon breastfeeding session that night.

i work in fresh produce and this woman comes in every week and inspects every god damn KP mango and then insist on going into the prep room and inspecting the entire stock of mangoes and then she doesnt buy any... the mangoes are freaking delicious!!

Had it again yesterday, man wants a particular sucking cat out of the tank (one that looks exactly the same as the other 25 or so in there) i tell him straight up that it's not gonna happen because i can't sit there for an hour and a half trying to catch this fish for him. He tells me it can't possibly be that hard and to just try... so i put my nets in the water and of course, the sucking cats scatter like mad things and he loses sight of the one he wants in a second. I asked him which one he wanted again, he just just stood there umming and ahhhing. Honestly sucking cats are the worst, give me barbs, give me cichlids, just no damn sucking cats!!!!

Littlemay I feel your pain, sucker fish and silver sharks are absolutly crap to catch :)

I had a lady come in to work last week, her fish had white spots all over them (obviously white spot) But no she insisted its because she had to buy a different flake food as we dont stock the other one anymore, Even tho i said thats not going to help you need to put these little drops i... 'I have little drops at home for when i clean the tank already! I can just use those and clean everything! it was the food! I dont want to tell you how to do your job love but it was the food that did it, its rotting on the fish" Ok yep no worrys.... She buys a different food and proceeds to tell my boss how its the food hurting her fish and she is going to fix it....
righto

And my peave hate is when people by a brand new tank, and think it will be fine for fish in a few days. than com back and complain there fish are all dead 2 weeks later. Well i did tell you you had to cycle the tank...

I actually lost my **** at a woman on the phone, its kitten season so we get alot of people calling up wanting to know if we take them, we dont sell puppys or kittens, I work with orphaned and abandoned kittens so people not desexing there pets and expecting me to fix it ****** me off.
Anyway so she rings up and says very nicely hey there do you guys take kittens, and I said just as politely, no we dont sell puppies or kittens. next thing WHY the **** not? I just lost it and said well why the **** didnt you get your cat desexed? and hung up. ... I had to go out the back a breath for a little while.

Background - work in a pharmacy. Man is dropping in with a prescription for his wife.

Me: Has your wife had this medication before?
Man: My wife is a registered nurse, she knows what she is doing. (condescending tone and smug look on his face)
Me: I didn't ask what your wife's job was, I asked if she has taken this medication in the past.
Man: I'd like to speak to your manager.....

FML

I should add that he was an infamous prat amongst my co-workers (boss included).

Last edited:
I have just got back from Sydney staying at Pots point. My best friend and I got off the train and we walked in to a newsagent to ask for directions. I think the people who are serving are Indian.

Best friend: Could you please tell me how to get to the Museum?
Sales assistant: Sorry?
BFf: I would like to know how to get to the museum please? could you tell me what direction I need to go?
Sales assistant: No we dont sell any of that.
BFf: Sorry Im asking you if you could help me find my way to the museum. Is there someone who can help me with that?
Sales assistant: (Turns to co-worker speaks to each other for a few moments in Indian I think) No sorry no english........
BfF: ok...... Thank you........
Sales assistant: Your very welcome! Please come again!

Bff and I walk away trying to find someone who may be able to help us when a lovely lady walks up and gives us directions. Turns out we just had to walk through a park to the other side........

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back