ackie care questions

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

clipo38

Reaction score
1 how to heat the tank at night ?
2 would 2 be happy in a 4 2 2 tank for life ?
that is all l need to know thaks guys

Unless you live somewhere extremely cold you don't need to heat at night. I would only heat if night time temps drop below 10 deg C. You can use a ceramic heat emitter or heat chord to do this.

Yes 4x2x2 would be adequate for a pair.

Unless you live somewhere extremely cold you don't need to heat at night. I would only heat if night time temps drop below 10 deg C. You can use a ceramic heat emitter or heat chord to do this.

Yes 4x2x2 would be adequate for a pair.

thanks heaps :)

dont heat at night and yes they will be fine
thanks as well

l am in sydney do l still have to heat at night ?

Hey clipo,

I'm in Sydney and don't heat my ackies at night. Just make sure you supply sufficient heat during the day (as well as a gradient), and that their basking spot is between 50-60°c.

I have the heat light on a timer which turns on at 6:30A.M and off at 6:30P.M, however the ackies are usually out of sight by about 5P.M or so.

I live in Syd and have never heated at night.

does not heating at night also apply jor juvenile ackies or just adults?

Don't be fooled into thinking their tank is too cold because they sleep in till lunch time. Its the way they are - or my fella was, anyway. Never saw him till lunchtime or later.

I don't heat mine at night and they are fine. Mine usually come up around 2-3 hours after the light has been on and usually goes back an hour or so before the lights go off.

i do heat the tanks at night. i think it is necessary especially in winter. you dont want ur night time temps to go much below 20 as if they have food in their guts it can all go pear shaped and not end well. if u arent feeding them then they dont need night heating but u still want to be careful.
and yes 2 can live together in a 4x2x2 cage into adulthood :)

I was recommended 28c as the ideal cool end temp for ackies. So if you want to keep them active and feeding throughout winter you will need to provide enough heat to keep the coolest end around 28c.

obviously toy wouldnt let the temps drop i think what the people who dont heat at night where meaning unless it gets to a certain temp they dont worry im in ipswich atm our days are 30 something degrees 30 alone in my house the nights are a little better not atm though as its raining and i love it

i have tristis and i don't see them until mid arvo then they don't stop but back before the lights go out!! i'm in vic and i don't heat at night,never had a problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back