Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not being rude goldmember, but i already have 2 hatchies from 2 different clutches that were 4 weeks apart and some should hatch this week.

I hold mine sometimes. I think they like coming out and have a look around.

I have some that will handle easily, and a couple that arc up as soon as I lift their hide up.
I prefer to mainly look.

Geckos are a look dotn touch kinda pet, some will tolerate occasional handling, but they certainly wont enjoy it.
Also over handling can stress them into not eating or in extreme cases dropping tails and/or dying

lol no worry's thank guys 4 clearing that up for me 1 more question is there any type of gecko that you dont need any sort of heat just asking because people have told me you don't need any n others say heat rock others say uv i just wana know b4 i get 1 or 2 for my gf

sorry just read the top lol but is it ok with out any heat

A main ones that dont need additional heating in your area are Thick-tailed and Broad-tailed geckos, oh and Marbled geckos (C.marmoratus)

Also dont use heat rocks for any species, they are dodgy and have burnt many reptiles

lol no worry's thank guys 4 clearing that up for me 1 more question is there any type of gecko that you dont need any sort of heat just asking because people have told me you don't need any n others say heat rock others say uv i just wana know b4 i get 1 or 2 for my gf

sorry just read the top lol but is it ok with out any heat

From Post #4

Tyler, Your best bet to start with is a Thick-Tailed Gecko - (Underwoodisaurus Milii. These require no heat or uv lighting and can be housed in a 2ft tank with a male and female.

Thank you Smithers it was either going to be Knob-Tailed or Thick-Tailed but I think I am to go with Thick-Tailed because of price and care as I am only 14 and need to buy my own reptiles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back