Freighting Live mice?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jen

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi, was wondering if anyone has freighted live mice from Perth to (pref) newcastle or sydney? It is a line that I don;t want to lose but looks like I am getting rid of my reptiles at least until i move back east.

Contact the Animal House at Murdoch Uni - they freight live rodents all over the place for medical work, I'm sure there are protocols you follow, the most important one being escape-proof containers.

I'm sure AaE could advise as well.

Jamie

Cheers Jamie, I already have a proper freighting container for the mice from where I used to work, I didn;t want to contact them as I didn't leave on good terms with HR lol.

Australian air express takes them, just give them a call and book them in :)

Ahh... it was Murdoch was it lol? AaE will be able to help you out with info - they may just treat them as normal livestock with the added precaution of absolutely ensuring no escape is possible - getting rodents gnawing the operating systems in the bowels of aircraft would be somewhat frowned upon...!

Jamie

As long as you have the appropriate container for travel I dont expect you will have any problems with AAE. If so why not book it through one of the pet transport companies. If you can drop off at airport and arrange your own airport pick up you will save a lot of money and those companies generally get good freight rates so should work out fine price wise.

Perth flights that leave in the evening there arrrive first thing in the morning in Sydney and you could either get them transferred to a Newcastle flight or pick up in Sydney.

Cheers for the replies, we are taking our dogs to nsw for xmas, so i might ring that company and see of they can put the mice on the same flight. Jamie - wasn't Murdoch I used to work at :)

To freight from Perth to Newy, Go Perth to melbourne, then Melbourne to Newcaastle.you cant fly animals Sydney to Newcastle.

To freight from Perth to Newy, Go Perth to melbourne, then Melbourne to Newcaastle.you cant fly animals Sydney to Newcastle.
I was hoping to get them on the same flight as us and the dogs (perth to syd), spoke to a few people and it looks like it would cost over $100, so that's a big 'no thanks'. Looks like i'll just keep the line going here til we drive home...
Cheers for all the replies.

You could put them in a container within the same container as the dogs at no additional cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back