Snakebytes TV: Aussie pythons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Addam

Reaction score
hi guys, I know alot of you know the snakebytes crew (for those who don't Brian is a huge reptile breeder in america and its his youtube channel) ad they have just done a hole episode on Australian snakes :) there is even an aussie there talking to Brian about our snakes :) it is a very good watch

Addam

post up the youtube link man! Would love to see this. I really like the snakebytestv episodes but I hate the acting they try and do when they aren't talking about snakes. If it was just snake or reptile info it would be much better.

[video=youtube;xd8galcBnKk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xd8galcBnKk&feature=player_embedded[/video]

thats the one :) this one is mostly snake info which is good and its alot longer than a usual episode :) its great

good on ya mate!!! Cheers!
Awesome video

I was really interested to hear him talk about the blood line issues they have. It highlighted how lucky we are and how much we take the locality variations for granted. His Jungle was incredibly dull I'd go so far as to say it was boring

I thought he picked up another coastal haha. Although in america colour variation esspecially in ball pythons is amazing, it just goes to show we are lucky here too, having great people working on bloodlines and we are slowly advancing with more albino snakes coming around and im sure there will be more to come...

After watching this, you soon realise how we always rave on about the animals kept overseas and how we would like to keep them here, but we are far better off then our American buddies by a very long way... 800+ species kept in Oz compared to 200+ in America. This is not to mention our blood lines that are still pure where as America only have copied versions (so to speak).

I also got the impression that America is very jealous and envious of what we have here ;)

thats very true mate i do agree with you... i think the only reason why I am envious of what they keep in america is ball pythons... watch some of the other snakebytes episodes and check out the morphs they have... BLEW MY MIND!

Agree with you there Addam, the balls are my favourite... especially the pie-balds. But for now I'm proud as punch that Australia is looked upon as having the most diverse, pure and colourful lines in the world :)

Jungleman, what do you mean when say America has only 200+ species kept ? America, like the rest of the world has access to literally 1000's of species.

when Brian say 200+ species in North America I believe he only speaking of native animals?
Then they have all the species they import from countries that don't have export bans or are smuggled in.

I think there is a line of Striped bredli pythons that are polygenic (like our striped jungles and coastals) and there is a line that is a genetic recessive trait.
From memory Nick Mutton is working with both lines.

That "hypo" bredli Brian is holding is different, but I wonder what anomoly it is hypo for, definately not hypomelanistic imo.

Ah OK, so the 200 mentioned by Jungleman was just referring to native species kept not the 1000's of others available ? That makes sense.

when Brian say 200+ species in North America I believe he only speaking of native animals?
Then they have all the species they import from countries that don't have export bans or are smuggled in.

I think there is a line of Striped bredli pythons that are polygenic (like our striped jungles and coastals) and there is a line that is a genetic recessive trait.
From memory Nick Mutton is working with both lines.

That "hypo" bredli Brian is holding is different, but I wonder what anomoly it is hypo for, definately not hypomelanistic imo.

I was really interested to hear him talk about the blood line issues they have. It highlighted how lucky we are and how much we take the locality variations for granted. His Jungle was incredibly dull I'd go so far as to say it was boring

i thought the same about his jungle. no yellow what so ever

The aussie in the show is me, i enjoyed being a part of the show and hanging with Brian and the crew from BHB / Snakebytes. They are all pretty cool and I had lots of fun with all the critters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back