Idiot pet owners on YT

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
lol this is going around in circles , terry if u really want to stop this sort of thing happening or even being shown on youtube - then every video of this nature u need to report it .

Well, that's partially the point - to flag it so that they can remove it. But it also adds the discussion of why it is done and why people find it entertaining.

Well, that's partially the point - to flag it so that they can remove it. But it also adds the discussion of why it is done and why people find it entertaining.
but yet when pepole disagree with u then there horrible idiots - u didnt come to discuss it , u came to biatch about it .

To be fair to poor old Terry, if this was a video of a snake being live fed people would be up in arms.

but yet when pepole disagree with u then there horrible idiots - u didnt come to discuss it , u came to biatch about it .

Don't put words into my mouth - the only person I called horrible is you, because you did the same thing. Got nothing to do with whether you agree with me or not.

Plus there is a difference between feeding live out of necessity and feeding live food because you enjoy watching your animal kill it's prey even though it's not necessary. I'm not saying live is 100% right or wrong but it's wrong when it's clearly being done for enjoyment and attention.

Shed a tear and move on mate. The reason I made the smirk remark "Join peta" was cause I was trying to push a message on to you... IE... instead of having a winge on a forum where the members regularly kill mice for food, maybe you should do something about it lol. We all understand that you feel sorry for the mouse, but PMS'ing on a public forum isn't going to bring it back.

Yeah, it's pretty much the same thing in principle. What makes this worse however, is that the animal species is not completely dependant on live food to survive in captivity (neither are snakes, with the exception of rare instances, such instances aren't really found with something like a possum). In addition, the "it was done for entertainment" aspect.

Sweep it under the carpet because it makes you feel uncomfortable? I don't see why you'd be against it seeing you admitted you've done it yourself! :rolleyes:
yup iv done it i have fished for a snake in a aircon unit with a thawed out mouse with tweezers , if i had live at the time would i do it - maybe . but i didnt have to a thawed mouse did the job .
do u realise your promoting the live killing/ fishing of a mouse? it duznt matter if your posting to discuss it or not > by posting the video or even a link to it your promoting - even advertising it so your really one step behind the person who made the video . now argue that point - i have nodoubt u will .

No. So clearly you did not read the thread if you agreed with his statement.

I agreed with him with "Quoted for Truth." On that particular post. It's exactly what you're doing: trying to find like minded people to be outraged with about such a "horrible" thing.

It's like trying to get blood out of a stone....

Last edited by a moderator:
No. So clearly you did not read the thread if you agreed with his statement.

You keep mouthing off and abusing other members like that then your likely to catch the mods attention. You voiced your opinion and nobody cared. Move on. Don't be abusive.

Last edited by a moderator:
I looked at the other video you posted, Terry, and the STO (note: A MAMMAL) seems to be 'throwing' the mouse to the ground at one point there... so I have one question. Does live food work as behaviour enrichment for a mammal-feeding mammal? It could ENJOY the 'chase'. Snakes can't. You're likening this to snakes, you see.

I looked at the other video you posted, Terry, and the STO (note: A MAMMAL) seems to be 'throwing' the mouse to the ground at one point there... so I have one question. Does live food work as behaviour enrichment for a mammal-feeding mammal? It could ENJOY the 'chase'. Snakes can't. You're likening this to snakes, you see.
it duznt matter what anyone says , because Terry is going to argue the point with anyone and everyone . maybe he needs to go and red flag every video like the one he posted on youtube [ that could be his new hobby ] .
now can i catch the same T fish for a 2nd day [ i think so ] ;)

We provide behaviour enrichment for our mammal feeding mammals in ways that don't cause a prey animal to suffer, we fill loo rolls with food and partially cover the ends so they have to get it out(same as if prey was inside a hollow log), we hide meat around enclosures(hunting for prey) and we use meat in a game(enjoying the chase as you put it). It doesn't necessitate live food to achieve this goal.

I think that is the issue that Terry has with this vid, it's less the act and more the completely unnecessary nature of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back