If I stand still it wont bite me: Tiger Snake bites leg!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What an idiot, all that does is increase the irrational fears people already have. If the snake wasnt harrassed mercilessly before being released then released into a small space with no cover it more than likely would have gone off as this clown intended.

What wont he do to land himself a TV deal?

To be fair, I've seen Nev Burns do exactly the same thing with a Brown without it biting him. I think it was just a little over agitated and he was swinging the hook around in front of its face

Mitch is a good bloke, but the Tiger snake part didn't do much to help snake and public relations.

To be fair, I've seen Nev Burns do exactly the same thing with a Brown without it biting him. I think it was just a little over agitated and he was swinging the hook around in front of its face

I agree, he was fighting the good fight, just underestimated a highly agitated tiger snake that was ready to bite anything at all to get away from the stress it was in.

He's lucky it didn't go through. That looked rather silly

What wont he do to land himself a TV deal?
....LOL

Agreed, you can normally get away with it, but the snake was pretty wound up to start with.

Even if he did get away with it, it doesn't display a good message of what you should do around deadly vens IMO.

I am surprised it bit him. What happen to the educational lesson of keeping still and they won't bite? This tiger snake must of seen part of his jeans move to inflict a bite?

I've always been told, and did a day course on catch and release, that within striking distance of the snakes, if we didn't move, they didn't strike - maybe we had 'trained' snakes.

That python was not 4metres long. Liars....lol

I am surprised it bit him. What happen to the educational lesson of keeping still and they won't bite? This tiger snake must of seen part of his jeans move to inflict a bite?

I've always been told, and did a day course on catch and release, that within striking distance of the snakes, if we didn't move, they didn't strike - maybe we had 'trained' snakes.

Liars....lol

When some vens get highly agitated they will try to chew on anything, often whilst lowering them into an enclosure by the tail they will chew on the first object they come in contact with like a water bowl or even just the bottom of their enclosure, and you don't need a phd in phycology to see that snake was more than just a little upset, and yes it would of sensed the movement in his jeans and let out some of it's anger on them, under normal circumstances ie, coiled up in the grass it most likely would of opted to go the other way, but it was far from normal circumstances for a tiger snake..

That python was not 4metres long. Liars....lol
He said it was 2.4m.

out comes the APS experts

this guy did fine ,so what he got a Tiger snake out? he didnt intentionally antagonise it,he just got it out and put it on the floor and stood there as it did its threat display.

The rule is that if you stand still the snake won't bite you. As always, this rule can be broken, though it is very rare, so you should have a backup, in this case the loose thick trousers. People should familiarize themselves with the Swiss cheese model model for accident prevention before making derogatory comments

Last edited:
Snake Whisperer

is it that snake whisperer ?

Lol, nope, different bloke than me.

That is A snake whisperer. If you have met THE snake whisperer you would know a tiger snake would never dare to bite him, it would slither off and bite Chuck Norris instead.

:lol::lol::lol: Geez, I sure hope Chuck Norris never sees that!!!

Oops, forgot to watch the vid! Yeh, unfortunately that will be just another black mark for snakes in the eyes of the people. Setting an extremely PO'd tiger loose in a cramped and crowded recording studio with video cameras running? What about that seems like a good idea? No offence to the guy, he is an awareness raiser, but part of being a "Snake Whisperer" is knowing when and when not to let your snake out of it's cage. In case you're wondering... that was an example of when NOT to let it out. The animal was clearly distressed prior to being let out. I'm trying like mad to spread awareness and tolerance for snakes atm, due to the high numbers of fatalities this year so far, and this won't help a bit. I was in a similar situation, had a tiger shoot up inside my pant leg, calm as can be, he came back out and went on his way. Now I'm starting to think I was just lucky, and that doesn't help snakes at all either. No, same thing, I just stood still, difference being, the tiger I was involved with, had plenty of other places to retreat to. No luck there, just a disinterest in biting something that was not at all threatening to it.

Geez, I can ramble in the mornings...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back