Huskies- who else out there owns this gorgeous breed.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
going from personal experience i've found girls are quicker to learn but a lot more stubborn and picky when it comes to actually listening they do however mature much quicker. boys on the other hand are more obedient but take a bit more time for it to sink in... this is personal experience only though. as you said though tristan they are very smart so keeping training stimulating is a must my girl will only ever sit or stay if she knows she's getting a treat or if she knows she's in trouble but no treat she will stand there in defiance and stare at you with the eyes of a child. great dogs and if your persistant they train well. i have seen agility and obedience competition huskies who do great but keep in mind they are very independant.

well lucky we cant trust everything we read on the internet. haha. i giv my girl frozen bottles of water to play with during the hot day. and she luvs sucking icecubes too. thats why i thought wat i read was a load of crap.

i hav found my dog a pain in the butt to train. we almost got kicked out of dog training cause she was such a nutter. she never listens and does as she pleases but i wouldnt change her for the world. dispite people thinking there idiots cause they dont listen and do as there dog, they are infact the opposite. they are very intellegent dogs. just bloody ignorant. lol

i hav found my dog a pain in the butt to train. we almost got kicked out of dog training cause she was such a nutter. she never listens and does as she pleases but i wouldnt change her for the world. dispite people thinking there idiots cause they dont listen and do as there dog, they are infact the opposite. they are very intellegent dogs. just bloody ignorant. lol

sounds oh so familar,they knowwhats best!!! lol

A couple of my boy Shadow, who we rescued from a Lismore dog shelter in April 2010. He is about 3 1/2 yrs old now and is one of the laziest dogs I have seen :lol:

DSCF5482.jpgDSCF5418.jpgDSCF5402.jpgDSCF5244.jpgDSCF5241.jpgDSCF5230.jpgIMG_0882.jpg

Shadow is absolutely stunning. i will take some new pics of Tala over xmas and post them on here. i love the typical husky pose, upside down, in a uncomfortable looking U shape with there legs spread, haha.

Huskies were bred for Siberias climate, not Australias.Their coats may insulate them from some heat but only to a certain degree. This is a rumour some breeders like to circulate to prevent their customers from clipping off their dogs and making them appear less like the breeds standard.

If done right clipping them off is the kindest thing for a thick/long coated breed. Alternatively you can have their undercoat removed professionally atleast every two to three months and that also helps to keep them cooler (aids with less hair all over your furniture too), works well for Huskies - Samoyeds not so much as their coats are not only thick but long, they really benefit from being clipped. Unfortunately though 99% of groomers don't know how to groom undercoat out or clip dogs with these sorts of coats correctly.

Best thing you can do for a spitz or the like that doesn't get clipped off during the summer is sit it inside next to the air conditioner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back