Something very wrong with scales

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

miss2

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I'm at home recovering from surgery and have been for a week now. Today I felt up to getting out of bed for a bit and noticed something wrong with one on my stumpys
This one has only been in the new cages for a week now and to b honest I was in a rush when putting them in so didn't notice anything.*

Theres a problem with his scales. It almost looks like *they are rotting. The scales look dead some of them have a weird looking white bit on them. U can scratch the dead bit off like a shed but underneath the scales look soft and raw.*

I don't have access to a comp but can email pics from my phone if some one wants to put them up. Has anyone ever heard of this???

I have seen this before on a mates animals. He uses this manuca (spelling???) honey you get from health food stores and it works a treat for him.

Sounds like what happens to bobtails when they get too damp for too long..everything ok with the enclosure humidity?

Stumpies dont do well with humidity, i have a friend who has them in Brisbane and he has a few and not long ago they were suffering the same sort of thing from too much humidity, just a thought?

Def not Mites.
Humidity is fine as he was in a very large outdoor enclosure.
What Is the honey used for?
Oh and there's to much of it to b a bite, all down hid back, even to the tail

You put the honey on the affected areas and cover it with a bandage of some sort. redress it every couple of days. His came good real quick. But i do think his was humidity related and doesnt sound like it was as severe as yours. I think a vet trip would be your best bet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back