Fail!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snakeynewbie

Reaction score
Ha ha, we just got a speeding fine in the mail.

No laughing matter you may think but at the date and time of the offence which occurred in Melbourne our car was parked in a security controlled parking area 900km away. They are sending us a revocation form in the mail and my husband is going into civic compliance to look at the photo when he's in Melbourne visiting in a few weeks, can't wait to see what the photo shows!

Same thing happen to me once years ago,they got red faced after I was 700k's from the offence,also they confused my A9X Torana with a Nissan Patrol....

Same thing happen to me once years ago,they got red faced after I was 700k's from the offence,also they confused my A9X Torana with a Nissan Patrol....

How could they not! :)

All those Patrols with bolt ons and drop tanks lol

They're still doing that? I had the same problem, also in Melbourne. The cops mistook a Queensland motorcycle plate for a Victorian plate - mine - and sent me the speeding fine. Problem was, I'd never been on that road. I went to check out the photos and it was very obvious that it wasn't me - I have a 170 cc scooter and this was a bigger motorcycle with panniers and male rider.

At the same time EastLink, one of our tollways, sent me an unpaid toll notice. Again I'd never been on the road. This happened three separate times before they finally stopped bothering me. Or maybe the Queensland rider went home.

LOL, yeah well our number plate has a Q in it so I had wondered whether someone with an O in the same spot needed to wash their car :p

The cops are absolutely ridiculous when it comes to fines! Shocking... :rolleyes:

It was probably a speed camera, and if the picture isn't clear they probably made a guess at what the rego plate was. In these cases, wrong guess and the culprit gets away to continue putting others in danger.

i got a speeding fine in the mail and the picture was of my ute but the thing is it was broken down at the time and on the back of a tilt tray. called up QLD transport they saw the picture on file and thank god i didnt have to go to court to fix it. was a EPIC FAIL on their behalf.

i got a speeding fine in the mail and the picture was of my ute but the thing is it was broken down at the time and on the back of a tilt tray. called up QLD transport they saw the picture on file and thank god i didnt have to go to court to fix it. was a EPIC FAIL on their behalf.

Are you serious? Are they actually using humans or do they have some kind of automated software to check these things?

I don't have a car registered to my name. I got a speeding fine while I was living in Perth from QLD Transport?
Go figure. Was easy enough to sort out, but seriously.

Good luck with it all... I HATE HATE HATE Civil compliance!!! Gave me the run around for weeks after my partner got a parking fine in my car, I ended up having to go to court because they stuffed me around so much GRRR

Sorry about my anger, I've calmed down now... Was only Tuesday just gone I was in court because of them so I'm still annoyed lol

I had a fine turn up 4 months after the fact a few years ago. I was reccomended to contest it but I couldn't be bothered with the process so I just payed it.

Though lastnight I had $2500 worth of rego renewal reminders sitting in the letterbox.

I got a red light ticket a couple of months ago- I am a pretty cruisy driver so I knew I hadn't run the light

....the first pic was me sitting at the lights on red.

....the second pic was BLACK except for a SWEET lightning bolt cracking down in the background.

Made a phone call- no fine.

They probably sent a huge one to God though.

Ya see, I blame the car load of friends that were in my hilux with me. All chatting away then they went quiet for a tic then started laughing. They were waiting to see if I'd notice the speed camera...I didn't obviously..... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
stupid friends- unless they are 6 foot amazonian female models from russia I say dump em.

okay, Amazonian meaning built BIG, not of Brazilian descent; otherwise they could not be Russian also.

GET RID OF 'EM.

friends are over-rated. I have quite logical multi - faceted conversations with me and myself all the time. We love it. We make us laugh.

Are you serious? Are they actually using humans or do they have some kind of automated software to check these things?

either monkeys or software im not sure but it took 2 phone calls the first one the lady didnt believe me and said it was impossible for it to happen, the second phone call i kinda demanded they look at the picture on file, they then agreed with me.

I like the sound of 6 foot amazonian models from russia...

What was this thread about again, I seem to have lost my concentration...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back