Industry Experience

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mhmm I've done work experience for uni at australia zoo, the australian wildlife hospital (assoc. with aus zoo), currumbin willdife hospital and Seaworld.My favourite two by far are currumbin and seaworld. Currumbin as I said I was at the hospital, so would be different to what you are after. But, Seaworld is FANTASTIC! I absolutely loved every second I spent there. Dolphins, seals, sea lions, polar bears, sharks... MOST volunteers don't get to go to see the polar bears/work with them- but they let me work with them :D I think if you show you're hard working, honest, reliable and trustworthy- they consider letting you work with those incredible bears.. boy are they stunning, and going 'behind the scenes' was fantastic. I can now say I've fed a polar bear straight from my fingertips :)

Mhmm I've done work experience for uni at australia zoo, the australian wildlife hospital (assoc. with aus zoo), currumbin willdife hospital and Seaworld.My favourite two by far are currumbin and seaworld. Currumbin as I said I was at the hospital, so would be different to what you are after. But, Seaworld is FANTASTIC! I absolutely loved every second I spent there. Dolphins, seals, sea lions, polar bears, sharks... MOST volunteers don't get to go to see the polar bears/work with them- but they let me work with them :D I think if you show you're hard working, honest, reliable and trustworthy- they consider letting you work with those incredible bears.. boy are they stunning, and going 'behind the scenes' was fantastic. I can now say I've fed a polar bear straight from my fingertips :)

That sounds absolutely AMAZING!!!!
I think seaworld sounds like the go for me
Thanks Kitah

Mind camping? Nick at Nowra wildlife park will always take keen and smart volunteers and he also owns the camping area next door so I'm sure he could be convinced to let you camp in return!

Oh and with any luck by then we might have lions ;)

the staff there are great and willing to teach you all they know if you show initiative. They got me to help with training the dolphins, feeding them, training + feeding the seals and some sea lions, penguins, pelicans, sea turtles.... polar bears was watching them train them, cleaning out the enclosures, makine environmental enrichment (e.g. frozen blocks with treats in them, making random toys, scent trails with various herbs, spices etc around the enclosures etc etc etc) I loved it :D

Yeah I worked at Seaworld in 2000. Loved it- used to rock up an hour early before the park opened just so I could go talk to the dolphins...by far the best choice if you can get in there- usually around this time of year they advertise for attraction presenters in the Gold Coast Weekend Bulletin- it's a great way to get your foot in the door with a view to moving into husbandry later, ;)

Years ago I worked as a firefighter. It has nothing to do with this thread. Just sayin'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back