Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, once you've had to pull an animal of a glue trap you quickly realise how horrible they are.

On another note, this thread remindered me of the video of a mouse getting trapped.
[video=youtube;7xK9qv611sU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xK9qv611sU[/video]

Hey snakeman, just curious, not trying to start an argument, but how come all the bugs stuck to it appear to be feeder crickets and a couple of mealworm beetles?

Hey snakeman, just curious, not trying to start an argument, but how come all the bugs stuck to it appear to be feeder crickets and a couple of mealworm beetles?
I think you would have to ask the guy who took the pics (wasnt me) heres the aps thread..

http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/...42/baby-brown-snakes-sticky-situation-104771/

but they are black crickets which come on in plague type proportions at the beginning of Summer in some areas and the bugs ( and flies) i dont think are feeder animals.
Do you think think the pic is a set up Goldmember? because if you do, id say you were dead wrong.
Why would anyone go to the trouble?..

I think you would have to ask the guy who took the pics (wasnt me) heres the aps thread..

http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/...42/baby-brown-snakes-sticky-situation-104771/

but they are black crickets which come on in plague type proportions at the beginning of Summer in some areas and the bugs ( and flies) i dont think are feeder animals.
Do you think think the pic is a set up Goldmember? because if you do, id say you were dead wrong.
Why would anyone go to the trouble?..
Im not saying it was, it just looks like the trap was set up in either a pet shop or someone who uses those feeders, either way you would think they would have an issue with using those traps considering how cruel they are.

Edit, on closer inspection you're right they are black crickets which aren't typically used as feeders, please ignore my idiotic assumptions

Last edited:
Glue traps have been prohibted for all general public use unless they are the sticky fly traps that hang from the ceiling as they have a insecticide in them or unless they are supplied by a licensed pest controller, under the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals
Act....this has been in force for over 18 months now in Victoria and is reflected in all other states according to a statement I was given by DPI.

An interesting point as well is that all states and territories have banned the use of snake traps, however in NSW you can apply for an occupiers permit to trap native fauna, this will then allow you to utilize appropriate traps for any specified native fauna.

Glue traps have been prohibted for all general public use unless they are the sticky fly traps that hang from the ceiling as they have a insecticide in them or unless they are supplied by a licensed pest controller, under the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals
Act....this has been in force for over 18 months now in Victoria and is reflected in all other states according to a statement I was given by DPI.

Are you saying all the other states have banned them from public use as well? That is quite refreshing.

Yeah, report that store to the RSPCA. Maybe they'll prosecute the suppliers too.

As far as I have been able to establish, yes they are banned Australia wide unless used by professionals in the pest control industry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back