i can't get the lense off :(

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

user 30368

Reaction score
I have been trying for a good 30 mins to get the lense of my stimi's eye since her shed and i just can't get it off. She was getting stressed out (and so was i) so i put her back. So now what??
Why does this stuff always happen on an evening when there is no help around!? GRRR!!

you could try soaking her in a luke warm bath for a good period of time and try to rub it off gently. if it seems to be fairly stuck on there, i wouldnt keep trying as you could damage her. i would try a vet :)

Hey Darl, just found this on youtube hope it helps you get the job done. Best to persevere with it now while its' fresh. Good luck

Removing an Eye Cap from my Ball Python.wmv - YouTube

how easy does this guy make it look! I was kind of doing that, but she got stressed after a while so i put her back. Some one has suggested putting her into a wet material bag in her enclosure to softern her up, and perhaps she will rub it off?? Failing that, i was thinking of taking her back to where i got her from on Monday and getting the guy there to take a look. I would trust him as he only works with reptiles. I'm just hoping there wont be any issues with the snake leaving it for this long.

I have heard that snakes have difficulty breathing in a moisten bag, not sure if that would be good idea, failing that you may have to stress the snake to get the results darl.

I have just had to jam a food item in my non feeders mouth tonight it freaked her out she struggled wrapped her body over her head to try and stop it, but I got it in and afterwards she ate the left overs herself freely,...my point is you might have to show some tough love to help although it looked and seemed super stressful the snake ate freely straight after so it couldn't have freaked it too much.

I did see a clip on a cobra having a build up of 8 retained eye caps and i think it was fine afterwards so you should be ok,...if your not comfortable in doing this do you have someone that can help out tomorrow or maybe a vet trip during the week if your still not comfortable in doing this. Good luck hey :)

Edit: a moistened bag on the bottom of cage would up the humidity and that helos in shedding so it may work, sorry about not reading the first time round proper ;)

Last edited:
I did see a clip on a cobra having a build up of 8 retained eye caps and i think it was fine afterwards so you should be ok,...if your not comfortable in doing this do you have someone that can help out tomorrow or maybe a vet trip during the week if your still not comfortable in doing this. Good luck hey :)

yeah, i know some one who will do it. but i'll have to wait till monday. Might just leave it (even the wet bag trick) and wait till monday. If i can't do it - i can't do it! Thanks for you advice though :) I can't do "tough love". My pets tell me what to do instead :)

That's kool, at least you gave it your best shot ;) let us know how it goes please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back