Hatchie Levis help?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snakes123

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Heyy,

ive had 2 hatchies hatch all fine, but this one ha something like an umbilical core which sticks to the vermiculite so its draging that around. Just got some pics and wondering what i should do? im not sure if this happened with the others as i didnt get to them with in a day of hatching, this one is about 7 hours.

Just under its back legs.

IMG_0477.jpg

IMG_0475.jpg
IMG_0474.jpg

It is just the remainder of the yolk sac, most of them usually have at least some of it when they hatch, it usually drops off within a couple of hours. Generally with mine, I leave it in the incubation tub until it drops off. I do this to keep the gecko in a moist environment because the last thing that I want is for the sac to stick to dry floor only for the gecko to move and pull it.
I've never cut it off, as they always come off by themselves.
Other people may have different ideas?

The baby is cute, looks like a little bobble head :)

Alright well this was the first one ive got to within a coupple of hours of hatching. Ill moisten it up and leave it alone.

wild-aura is right leave em in the incubator for up to 36 hours after they hatch and all will be fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back