Nice Bloody Diamond bite

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snakewoman

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I was cleaning tanks this morning, but when I got to Phoenix, he decided he was hungry. I went to pick him up out of the tank and he wrapped around a branch. I reached in to pick up the branch and he grabbed me on the wrist. I was the only one home so I was trying to unwrap him as best I could with one hand, and of course he wasn't making it easy. As I was trying to unwrap him he clamped his teeth harder into my skin and then started pulling this skin out away from my wrist... that hurt! I could see his nice little needle teeth very clearly, and after I finally got him off me I saw that he left a tooth on my arm. I think I'll put that in my little snake scrap book :D

I tried for almost 10 minutes to unwrap him which sort of worked lol, but then I ran cold water over his head for a while. It was going in his mouth and he didn't care, it took a while for him yo finally let go. When I saw that he was moving and getting ready to let go I held his head to make sure he didn't grab me anywhere else. After I cleaned up the wound I took pics of the cute little culprit and put him back in his enclosure. He'd calmed down by this time and was back to his nice pleasant attitude :)

Attachments

• Diamond bite.jpg
    Diamond bite.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 169
  • Diamond bite7.jpg
    Diamond bite7.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 153
  • Diamond bite6.jpg
    Diamond bite6.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 141
  • Diamond bite4.jpg
    Diamond bite4.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 185
  • Diamond bite3.jpg
    Diamond bite3.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 147
  • After bite.jpg
    After bite.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 126
  • After bite2.jpg
    After bite2.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 157
  • After bite3.jpg
    After bite3.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 143
  • Diamond bite8.jpg
    Diamond bite8.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
He is a cute little thing. Made a bit of a mess of you too.

I got a bit lastnight as well, though it wasn't a snake. It was a 27 yo 100kg psychopath (medically diagnosed) human.

Ouch! Why did they bite you? Looks painful :(

Here's a pic of the tooth he left on my arm:

Attachments

• Diamond tooth2.jpg
    Diamond tooth2.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:
He certainly did! It's swollen and sore, it's the worst bite I've had... so far! Here's some more pics I took just then:

Attachments

• Diamond bite9.jpg
    Diamond bite9.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 87
  • Diamond bite10.jpg
    Diamond bite10.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
He is a cute little thing. Made a bit of a mess of you too.

I got a bit lastnight as well, though it wasn't a snake. It was a 27 yo 100kg psychopath (medically diagnosed) human.

Geeeez you cop a hiding from ur job lol:rolleyes: i do not envy you!! :p

Haha - he must have smelled a rat :lol:

I heard somewhere that if a snake should bite you the best way to detach them from your hand is to spray alcohol in its snout. (correct me if I am wrong - as I have never done this before).

Re Beard - not sure how to help you as alcohol was probably the reason in your case :)

He is bootiful.
You must taste nice.
I may have to bite you tonight and see for myself.

I need a man for that :D

You can bite the numerous chips I have, just don't spill the salt and vinegar on my bite... it hurts enough already :D

He's usually a nice snake, he was just hungry today. The area is very bruised now, it'll be interesting to see what it looks like tomorrow!

Nawww, it must be love! ;) Your collection is still growing & he just wanted to give you something to remind you of him always, 'cant be forgetting me mum' :lol: He's gorgeous anyway, & your arm will have pretty colours tomorrow!

Beard.....that sucks......blood tests now? I used to work in childcare......i copped a few of them also, perhaps mentally on the same level as your group, but just a different age group.

You were right Bel, my wrist has pretty colours!!! :lol:

Attachments

• Diamond bite bruising.jpg
    Diamond bite bruising.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 40
  • Diamond bite bruising2.jpg
    Diamond bite bruising2.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 56
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back