Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think we should go back to when thevies get their hands cut off, then they only get 2 stabs at it. Hope you get your snake back in good nick mate

zing doodles thats all i have to say

Last edited by a moderator:
so sorry to hear that. we got robbed not so long ago, didn't take the snakes but they know they are hear now so we have been freaking out every time we leave the house. hope you get some news soon

Any news?

The police are in my house dusting for fingerprints now, by the looks of it, they have some clear prints, but they now have to determine if there the robbers or my family's.

I haven't herd anything about the security cameras yet, but I'll be nagging them about it.

So far I know there appart of a "Lad" group in south Windsor, they hang out at the south Windsor shops almost every day, there only young and I have it narrowed down to 3-4 houses they either live in or have dropped my snake at.
I'm just waiting to see if the police can get them first, and they better hope the police do get them first.

That's not a threat, that's a promise :)

That is really sad that people do that sort of thing.... I was talking to an elderly lady a few days ago who was outside doing some work in her garden and she walked from her front gardento the back and some one walked straight into her house and stole her handbag and all her jewelry and took off as she came in the back door.... disgusting the youth of today!!!

they better hope the police do get them first.

That's not a threat, that's a promise :)

They're more likely to get a lesson in respect from you than from the slap on the wrist they'll get from the judicial system in this country unfortunately.

disgusting the youth of today!!!

While I tend to agree with you, the problem isn't just the youth, it's the parents/parenting or lack thereof. I saw a great quote a few years back that said 'stop complaining about MY generation, because YOUR generation raised us'.

Anyway, that's a topic for another forum LOL.

Thinking of you RSP - please keep us updated.

You live in South Windsor?
I'm a young bloke (20) from Bligh Park
That's just South Windsor for you though mate...It's getting pretty bad around here

I've started asking around....It's a small area around here where everyone knows everyone....so chances are is that we will find someone with a bit of info....

The feelers are out but :D

Last edited:
I am so disgusted by all these threads, I live in a high break in area so I have installed a security system.

Best of luck getting your snake back.

Be careful going after these guys yourself, although they are just "lads" they can still be quite dangerous and people like them often have little to loose

That is really sad that people do that sort of thing.... I was talking to an elderly lady a few days ago who was outside doing some work in her garden and she walked from her front gardento the back and some one walked straight into her house and stole her handbag and all her jewelry and took off as she came in the back door.... disgusting the youth of today!!!

As with most things, it is the disgusting minority that ruin it for the good majority of people. I think most young-uns aren't all criminals, just a small number.

It's just a terrible thing that people's homes arent sanctuaries anymore.

Wow, I would be breathing fire if some dirty low-life stole my boy and sold him like that. :evil:
I sincerely hope you get your answers soon.

Thanks to everyone asking around for me. The reptile community needs to take care of each other, like one big family.

If anyone finds my Roughie, or any info on who has him, I will be more then willing to $PAY$ you for your troubles.

This snake is extremely special to me, he has a lot of sentimental value, he is family and I care about this snake more then I care about most people (not joking).
I will have no problem identifying him.

I'm not sure if these thieves know the snake is a Roughie, so even if you hear of a snake being sold or kept in the Windsor area, that sounds a bit suss, please get a photo or try to identify it.

I am so disgusted by all these threads, I live in a high break in area so I have installed a security system.

Best of luck getting your snake back.

Be careful going after these guys yourself, although they are just "lads" they can still be quite dangerous and people like them often have little to loose

There is no chance I'm going after these guys by myself, they have agitated a lot of people by stealing this snake.
every one of my neighbors are on a killing spree at the moment, they want to teach them a lesson they'll never forget, plus there's all my family and friends, and all the shopkeepers (where these "Lads" hang out) are trying to help catch them to, because these "Lads" trash there shops. A couple are even willing to buy the snake off them and keep it there untill I pick it up.

Last edited:
Hey RSPcrazy, im very sorry for your loss. If there is anything anything at all i can help you with please let me know. I will be more than happy to drive up your way and lend you a hand. It is true that the reptile community should stick together and help each other out. And im sure that if any person on this forum or any good person in general found your snake there is no way they will accept money for something that is yours, they will be glad that they returned him to you and made you and your family happy again. Keep your head up mate, everyone here is behind you im sure and do let me know if i can help you in anyway

Hey RSPcrazy, im very sorry for your loss. If there is anything anything at all i can help you with please let me know. I will be more than happy to drive up your way and lend you a hand. It is true that the reptile community should stick together and help each other out. And im sure that if any person on this forum or any good person in general found your snake there is no way they will accept money for something that is yours, they will be glad that they returned him to you and made you and your family happy again. Keep your head up mate, everyone here is behind you im sure and do let me know if i can help you in anyway

That is very kind of you, but I don't know what you would be able to achieve by driving up here, when we don't know what more we can do ourselves. What we are doing (and asking other people to do as well) is, putting up wanted flyers, talking to shop owners and locals, checking the online classifieds for roughies and scorpions (baby rainforest scorpions), talking to every reptile keeper we know (and friends know) about new snakes and scorpions popping up, driving around the neighborhood everyday looking for suspicious people that fit there description, asking around on Facebook for anyone selling snakes and scorpions, etc, etc.

The police were very helpful in trying to retrieve this snake, they realized how important he is to me and they apparently got extremely aggressive towards the suspects and there parents, but the parents didn't seem to be apart of it, as they were apparently going off there nut at the kids, trying to get them to bring out the snake, but the kids had the typical attitude of "go **** your selves coppers", which leads us to believe, this was purely done by a group of rebellious kids that all live close to each other.

The police did see someone running out of a TAB in South Windsor, with a container in there hands and there just waiting for the security footage from there. The police got a handful of good fingerprints from my house today, so hopefully they are the crooks prints and we can get them.

I just found this photo of "Roudy". It's getting very depressing looking at a empty enclosure and old photos of him :cry:
c21a082c.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back