Penny Turtles: Need To Know

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, ok... i get it
some of use could be a little bit nicer about it htough..... jeeze im only 15.

If you can afford to keep a turtle and house it correctly, they are worthwhile pets (or at least in my opinion) :) As I said I have a Kreffts boy who's now just over 2.5 years old (hatched 2nd January 2006) so I was about 15 yrs and 5 months old when I got him :)

But as I said.. Just be aware they are high maintenance and require a lot of money to set them up correctly.

Found this online the other day, not sure where u would get one or if they're legal in Aus, but look cool nonetheless!!:D:D:D

WOW,. I love the look of this little guy,... LOVE the colour!
Obviously its an exotic,. but does anyone know what it is?

Well the so called penny turtles my friend owned were and still are in great health.

I have one word to sum that up. and it is "crap".
If i got you as a baby and gave only enough nourishment to keep you alive. What do you think your growth rate would be like and would you think you would be healthy?
Your friends are either liars or deluded.

See what you've done, you've upset me now.

I've heard that in the old days, shops were allowed to sell Turtles & legally the hatchies had to be a specific size before they were sold, that being the size of a Penny - don't know if it's true or not ?

another thread gravedug.
Shanni the reason they were called 'penny turtles' is because, as a marketing ploy, they were said to only get to the size of a penny, or a bit bigger.

I know this was 3 years ago but take it easy, the guy is trying to learn by asking questions. It doesn't help when people have to abuse the poor kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back