Broad Banded Sandswimmers

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snakeluvver

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Picked up these cool guys from Shane yesterday. Very pleased with them, plus the female may be gravid :)

Male
IMG_3678.jpg

Female
IMG_3679.jpg

They look great, what are they like as a pet? are they easy to keep?

If they are a sexed pair, full grown and live together then your female will be gravid.... they lay eggs every 28 - 32 days., eggs take as long to hatch so it's one in one out...

Mine live with a Pygmy Beardie and sub adult Pink Tongue.... they steal greens out of the mouth of the Beardie, run around the tank with them until they realize it's not meat then spit it out.... I don't bother collecting the eggs, beardie needs to get something back out of the deal.

If they are a sexed pair, full grown and live together then your female will be gravid.... they lay eggs every 28 - 32 days., eggs take as long to hatch so it's one in one out...
Cool :) How large are usual clutch sizes?

4 eggs for yearlings / first time layers, then 6 eggs from then on, around 4-5 clutches a years for veteran layers.

By looking at her today I can say shes definately gravid, I could see the small shapes of eggs in her body :)

SVL probs just under 10cm, the male is about 20cm nose to tail. The female is a bit shorter as her tail is regenerated.

There pretty cool lizard, I have four of them and there just so funny to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back