Silkback Central Bearded Dragon?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really a dragon fan, but that looks pretty cool.
Hopefully it pulls through for you and gets stronger.

If it is the same mutation as the silkybacks overseas, then you will find that when its bred to an unrelated animals all of the offspring will be leatherbacks. Then you can assume its the same mutation.

If it turns out to be recessive, then it would be a different morph altogether.

Good luck and congrats on getting yourself a neat project.

since i first saw this thread last night i cannot stop thinking about it. is there any chance of a few more pics? sorry to bug you but its super awesome. :)

Toby

so good to hear he is more alert today,. thats great news!

It is a bit premature to presume its going to be a simple mendelian trait or even inheritable at all.
I really hope it is though :p:p

Last edited:
Well done exciting times around bearded dragons, i also have hatched some leather backs and they are doing very well. here are some pics of one next to a normal.

Attachments

• P1080613.jpg
    P1080613.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 633
  • P1080625.jpg
    P1080625.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 631
levis, are the parents of yours anything special or hold any leatherback genes?

The male is stunning red to orange, the female was a pastel she is quite an old animal so wasnt to hopefull for her clutch, but all leather backs hatched. They were weaker than the normal hatchies and took 2 days to hatch. Lost a few early but a few kicked on and are thirving, fingers crossed for the next 12mths.

wow
thats awesome congrats :)

24 hours later ... improving slowly

Silkback_day1.jpgSilkback_day1_2.jpgSilkback_day1_3.jpgSilkback_day1_4.jpg
Not feeding yet, which is not unusual. I did give it a few drops of Glucozade, which definately helped, however difficult to get the drops in

WOW that's awesome congrats mate hope it pulls through you will have to put up some pics when he is up and about!!!
Lets hope it turns out like this guy (a pic i found on the net)!
opens up a world of possibilities for morphs in Australia you must be stoked!

this one looks like freddy kruegar was the father, should be in the burns unit

wow mate its awesome hope it thrives please keep us updated with its progress!!

cheers, he has great patterns. does he just feel like skin? or different? very odd. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back