not being looked after

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

melly88

Reaction score
ok so i need a bit of help. there are several reptiles that i know of that are not being looked after correctly. i live in SE QLD, what is the best way to fix the problem? i have already spoke to the person about it & they dont seem to care.

yeah i was thinking about that. but ive heard that they r pretty slow 2 do anything about anything so i was hopping for a faster idea. but i will give them a call. at least get the ball rolling.

What type of reptiles do they have and what is wrong with their care?

Ohh boy..here we go again. Give DERM a call, call the RSPCA, and update us when they do something..see you next december. Can you give us a clearer idea of what's going on?

just about everything is happening not cleanning tanks, leaving food in tanks for days/weeks, not filling water bowls & leaving them empty for day/weeks, not providing the correct heat/lighting.

just about everything is happening not cleanning tanks, leaving food in tanks for days/weeks, not filling water bowls & leaving them empty for day/weeks, not providing the correct heat/lighting.

Can you be a bit more specific?

there is poo in the enclosures & some of it has been there for about a month. leaving dog food in the lizards & drangons tanks for days/ weeks. water bowls r empty or dirty. & the dragon has no UV & is just laying on the ground for the last week or so.

I'm sure the authorities will whizz over there with the greatest of hast to save the day... If that fails, a quick headbutt and a caresheet to the person may help.

this situation can be frustrating as there is probably little the authorities can actually do.instead of getting angry and frustrated. try educating the person and get them to understand that healthier animals are more productive animals there is heaps of literature on reptile husbandry and offer to clean the tanks and fill the water bowls for them so they can see how much better it is, the animals will actually look better and you will have at least done something instead of feeling like your hands are tied......

So..it's a shop? Or a private collection? Shops are easier. No response yet from our friendly snooping DERM representative.. SHOCKING.

call the RSPCA and DERM. though bear in mind that the RSPCA does not license reptiles etc under the NC Act 1992, so doesn't really have that much power enforcing it.

DERM may be slow to respond (in your eyes) but imagine how many calls they get about this and other (larger) instances, and how small their budget would be for enforcement.

to spend time and energy investigating these things, they would have to justify the legitimacy of the complaint.

also, imagine how this would stand up against the cases of large-scale breeders mistreating hundreds of animals, often also involved in the drug trade. or investigations into largescale killing of fruit bats or other wildlife.

just be patient and follow up your call once a week.

train your stealth and sneak attack up to level 50 by grinding mountain loins and wolves and adventuring into caves and lock picking chest and other locked doors you may find and once you have enough xp lock pick his door and sneak in battle anything in your way and rescue them, and yes i have played to much skyrim. and yes i wish i was some help to this post, not good to hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back