Just Sickening

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snakeluvver

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I saw on a news thing that a man in the UK posted a video on youtube of his own pet kitten being eaten, alive, by his pet python. The video is horrible (I didnt watch it but my mum did), so I wont post it here, but if you really want to see I'm sure you could find it on google.
Its just horrifying that someone can do that for their own sick entertainment. Even the cat haters on here must admit that its awful (though I wouldnt put it past some people on here to do the same thing :rolleyes:)

i was just about to post about it but then I saw that someone else had a thread deleted about it!

how awful! couldnt believe anyone could be that cruel...

Huge discussion about this os
Virtually calling for the death penalty

But if it had been a rat no one would care less

It looks like a woman in the video. There is never any excuse for this sort of thing, the cat could easily have been euthanised first.

Huge discussion about this os
Virtually calling for the death penalty

But if it had been a rat no one would care less

I think it was more than just the fact it was a kitten, firstly it was live, secondly it had a name, meaning it was his or someone elses pet, thirdly he filmed it like a happy christmas video and named it accordingly and lastly the fact that he filmed it and put it on youtube. If it had been a rat, hamster or anything else, in those circumstances I would have been just as disgusted.

It looks like a woman in the video. There is never any excuse for this sort of thing, the cat could easily have been euthanised first.

Yes the pictures I saw looked like a woman.

I'm not saying it was right of him to post a video of this happening, but!

The kitten wouldn't have been alive long

If the snake found the kitten in the wild, nothing different would have happened.

Its the same as feeding a live rat, people also keep these as pets.

The only reason this is a ' tragic story' is because more people keep cats than snakes.

This is just my opinion. It is natural for a snake to eat a small mammal and be happy about it. Kittens are probably just as good for a snake as a mouse/rat/guinea pig/rabbit. The amount of kittens and puppies that lead horrible, unwanted, uncared lives, end up at the pound, on the side of the road in a bag or released (like an exotic animal into a place they have no place) that it might nearly be an idea to gas them and offer them as food for larger snakes.

Flame on! I'm braced for the hate.

I agree with DeadCricket, it's only because it's a cute animal that people are so horrifyed. I have spoken to the strongest animal lovers and they would be outraged at something like this, however, if it was a video of... lets just say a bat being eaten by a snake, they don't care one bit, if anything they would be happy, just because that animal isn't cute.

I agree with you do an extent DC. There are a million videos on youtube of live things being fed to pets of all kinds but as soon as it's a fluffly kitten the world is up in arms. There is a worldwide manhunt at the moment over this which, to me, is just stupid. People need some perspective

If the snake found the kitten in the wild, nothing different would have happened.
Yes but the person was doing it for fun which is just wrong. There was no need for the kitten to die, the snake wasnt starving as it wouldve been fed rats recently (or maybe not, considering that guy isnt the best pet owner :|)
Anyway that man/woman is clearly disturbed.
When people feed a live mouse to a snake I'll admit its just as inhumane. But they usually do it for the interest or because they wrongly think its the best for the snake, and arent doing it for some sick pleasure, instead to them its just feeding the snake. Thats the difference.

The thing is I dont get why people are mentioning the whole rat thing. That doesnt make this case any less sickening. Plus it was a pet, not just snake food that was being bred for that reason.

Last edited:
So your telling me snakeluvver, if you watched a video of someone feeding their pet snake an ugly animal like a bat or something, that you would feel as strongly about it as if it were a kitten or puppy?

So your telling me snakeluvver, if you watched a video of someone feeding their pet snake an ugly animal like a bat or something, that you would feel as strongly about it as if it were a kitten or puppy?
I admit no, but thats just human nature as I've kept cats as pets. However, I would still think its horrible and inhumane, especially if the person had filmed it and stuff like he did. I wouldnt feel quite as strongly, but I'd still be outraged.

Its just like if someone filmed themselves killing a snake I'd be furious. And Ive seen plenty of videos of bogans being "heros" and killing snakes violently on camera. I feel just as strongly about that as I do the cat thing.

Yes but the person was doing it for fun which is just wrong. There was no need for the kitten to die, the snake wasnt starving as it wouldve been fed rats recently (or maybe not, considering that guy isnt the best pet owner :|)
Anyway that man/woman is clearly disturbed.
When people feed a live mouse to a snake I'll admit its just as inhumane. But they usually do it for the interest or because they wrongly think its the best for the snake, and arent doing it for some sick pleasure, instead to them its just feeding the snake. Thats the difference.

To tell you the truth, whilst I might shout it to the world, I love watching my snakes eat to. Watching them hunt would be amazing. I keep a wolf spider in a large tub for just this. I feed it live crickets/bugs and love watching it hunt its prey. I could video this for you. Should I be hated because my wolf spider hunts live, or because my dragons do? In essance its the same thing

The RSPCA kills kittens and puppies all the time no big deal just a bunch of whingers

To tell you the truth, whilst I might shout it to the world, I love watching my snakes eat to. Watching them hunt would be amazing. I keep a wolf spider in a large tub for just this. I feed it live crickets/bugs and love watching it hunt its prey. I could video this for you. Should I be hated because my wolf spider hunts live, or because my dragons do? In essance its the same thing
Yes but snakes dont eat cats in the wild. There is no reason to feed a cat to a snake, its cost inefficient so why do it when you can feed it a mouse? Thats my whole point. He couldve fed it a mouse, but he fed it a cat for the fun of it.
And when you film your spider eating, its interesting and you get to see the spiders natural behaiviour. The guy in this case WASNT doing it so show natural hunting behaviour. It was for sick twisted pleasure and he knew it would get people angry and thats why he did it.

The RSPCA kills kittens and puppies all the time no big deal just a bunch of whingers
Do you not get it? Those cats and dogs NEED to be killed as they have no home and arent being adopted. This kitten didnt need to die. I'm sorry but that comment is just stupid.
Its not the fact the cat was killed. Its why it was killed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back