Lizard mutation list

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

geckodan

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi all, Before I finalise my book I am trying to make sure I have included all knowm mutations of Australian lizards held in Australia. Would those in the know be kind enough to compile a list of any mutation that you know of, established or not (if you could indicate though if its just a single animal). I don't need names or locales or pics -just a list to work from so I can check off what I may have missed.

Regards
Danny

Hi dan, I was just wondering how best the members could assist with this request and thought maybe if you wanted to post up the list that you have so far it would be easier for people to add anything that they know of that you've missed. does that sound reasonable to you?

Think goaty's 'Australian Smoothy' beardies that have just hatched should get a mention

Off the top of my head -
levis - hypo, leucistic
amyae - hypo
thicktail - hypo, hypermelanistic
castelnaui - hypo
tryoni - amelanistic
platurus - albino
sheoaks - hypermelanistic
tree skink - albino
eastern bluetongue - albino, hypermel
Blotchy - hypermelanistic, albino
shingleback - albino
hosmers - albino
water dragon - albino, hypermelanistic
beardeds - silkback, leatherback, albino (western), leucistic (barbata)
water monitor - blue
lacie - Bells, hypermelanistic, hypomelanistic

Dan can you tell us about your book? Even start a new thread if you don't think this thread is the place for it?

eastern bluetongue - albino, hypermel

I have 1 that i would call hypo as there is no black on her at all :) Tried breeding her last year with no luck , so i have lent her to a more experienced breeder to try and mate her this year and its looking good so far , fingures crossed .
( pictures have been posted on here before )

Cheers Nico

Dan can you tell us about your book? Even start a new thread if you don't think this thread is the place for it?

Its had many mentions over the last eight years I've been slogging away at it - will be out soon (next few months) - There's actually 5 books by me - the bible (covering all Australian lizards) and then 4 companion books (covering the most common species kept). There will also be an elapid, python, frog and turtle text (by other authors) at the same time.

Thought of more:
Northern bluetongue - white
Shingleback - Hypermelanistic?
Levis - Hypermelanistic, Albino (I dont think theres one in Australia though)

Also arent there hypomelanistic marmorata?

leucistic levis - how cool is that? is there a pic in the book? great stuff, the mutation section will be very popular.

What about patternless levis they were proved out last year by several people. Including myself.
Cheers Barf

3aa3afb3-4d49-99a2.jpg

Off the top of my head -
levis - leucistic
thicktail - hypermelanistic
castelnaui - hypo
tryoni - amelanistic
platurus - albino
Blotchy - hypermelanistic, albino
hosmers - albino
water dragon - albino, hypermelanistic
beardeds - albino (western), leucistic (barbata)
water monitor - blue
lacie - hypermelanistic, hypomelanistic
Didn't know about the ones above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back