Jungle help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

drobbo

Not so new Member
Reaction score
hey guys
I have a male and female jungle pythons that are 18 months old and would like to put them into the same enclosure.
The enclosure is big enough for both and they are roughly the same size. Would this be ok to put them together or am i asking for trouble ???
Thanking you

hey guys
I have a male and female jungle pythons that are 18 months old and would like to put them into the same enclosure.
The enclosure is big enough for both and they are roughly the same size. Would this be ok to put them together or am i asking for trouble ???
Thanking you

well i cannot see it being a problem as I house my jungles together. But with saying this you are going to get a differences of opinons.

You can and it will likely be fine but you will always run a small risk of canabalism.

if your planning on breeding them it may stop the male from being interested in her breeding season it can happen I've never had a problem housing snakes together tho

I agree that you will get a difference of opinions.
I guess the question is why do you want to house them together ?
Many of my friends house pairs and have never had an issue however you do hear the stories of canibalism every now and then.
The other thing to consider is, are you prepared if they do breed which can happen even when they have access to heat 24/7 365 days per year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back