Victoria police strip a womans clothes off!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whether they antagonised the police or not, whether their protest is valid or useless, whether they are professional protestors or not etc is all totally irrelevant. The police cannot go ripping peoples clothing off in public for no other reason than they deem it inappropriate. The police in Melbourne have a habit of doing this sort of thing. Where I live I routinely see police telling young people, on freezing cold days, to take their hoodies off in public, why, because they can so they do. But legally they can't but a 16 year old boy being harassed by police is not going to have a clue about standing up for his legal right to wear what he wants so he complies and the police win. This is exactly the same. The Mayor, who is a pompous donkey, decided to enact a council by law and not allow the erecting of tents in Melbourne. Wearing a tent in a statement about this is not erecting a tent and therefore not illegal. The police had absolutely no right to rip this girls clothing off whether it was a tent or a plastic bag. The fact it was filmed and uploaded to youtube is totally irrelevant. She wasn't being strip searched because they suspected she had any kind of contraband, she was being humiliated by police because they could, completely different. Please point out to me the written law that states you cannot wear a tent in public in Melbourne.

EDIT: This is the same mayor who sees anyone who doesn't live within the city limits as a bogan and tried to pass a law stating that "bogans" where not allowed into Melbourne.

Do you see the problem here? You're having trouble seeing past idiot lord mayors and people wearing tents.

Do you see the problem here? You're having trouble seeing past idiot lord mayors and people wearing tents.
No I don't as the issue raised is about the fact she was stripped because she was wearing a tent. I'm not going to bother getting into the violation of our democratic right to protest as that is something people could argue about all day, I am going to stick within the very narrow frame of what the police are legally allowed to do when dealing with a member of the public. Not sure if that is what you meant, if not please enlighten me.

I can't keep track of who the bad guy is,police,protester,politician,press?

Don't both you and gordo get the $7,500 help out scheme? I know in NZ we get no help what so ever, and house prices are comparable.

No i don't, because i work in a remote location where there is no private market. Anything i buy i can't live in which makes me inelligiable for the grant and for the waving of the stamp duty, which is the real killer.

If i didn't live remote i could get the money, but i couldn't realistically afford the repayments.

Lets keep things friendly guys starting to walk a very thin line here .....

The only thing the "system" fears is a unified, educated populace. Fortunately for them, when one group stands up for the benefit of the masses, the other side steps in and throws faeces at them. I think the "system" is safe for now. Straight out of "The Art of War". Well played "status quo", well played. I think the most insidious of their victories is convincing the "electorate" that they actually have the general population's best interests at heart!

Lol, pulled this from the news wire today:

Treasurer Wayne Swan has warned the nation's major banks they face the wrath of their customers if they don't pass on the latest official interest rate cut in full.
Mr Swan said he expected the cut to be passed through in full.

"I think families and small businesses will be really angry with the banks if they try to hold back on the rate cut, particularly given how massively profitable banks are," he told ABC Radio on Wednesday.

:lol::lol::lol: Thanks for backing Mr. and Mrs. Average Australian Swanny, we, the people, would be lost without you! We'd hate to see the Banks' not passing on the interest rate cut to you as we're certain it would make a monumental dent in the $83,000 pay hike you gave yourself last week. Bet they're shaking in their Italian loafers! Of course they have nothing to fear, the monkeys are still too busy throwing faeces!

Oh, for those still not getting why folks around the globe are protesting, it's crap like the above they have an issue with.

:lol: Why bother voting? Just wear a tent and protest ;)

Yep, voting solves the problem Moosey! Hmm, let's see... vote for Labour and Gillard (can't run a country, steal themselves a massive pay hike despite a piss poor performance in office) or vote for Liberals and Abbot (budgie smugglers will replace tents as clothing of choice, accepted massive pay hikes from their arch enemies Labour, find homosexuals "distasteful".). Yep, voting will make everything all right with the world!

Last edited:
Nice. just to make it clear; more folks check out Youtube than wander through Melbourne. Fighting for the cause INVOLVES posting videos on Youtube, welcome to 2011 have a nice day !!!!

Classic fence-sitter with no idea. You say you agree with their beliefs, even though you think they have no idea what their beliefs are. You acknowledge the blanket media attention but say it's pointless. You mention the hundreds and thousands the 6 O clock news exposes the cause to; yet you think Youtube is pointless, with almost a BILLION members.. Not even going to bother with this one... You're "I would think..." hypothetical fence-sitting overtones say it already

Most of the you tube videos I have seen are unproductive at getting their point across. They are more shame on the police for breaking up the protest etc etc. I am sure there are some good ones but with most of my search results showing disruptive behaviour I am not going to wonder through un till I find one that is informative.

Also I never claimed that they don't know what their beliefs are I am saying they are not getting them across in a clear and concise manner. Perhaps read my posts more clearly before replying.

They certainly aren't getting their message across clearly Eitak, and there in lies the problem. The whole tent fiasco thing was merely an exercise in "how far can we push the police". It's like those morons from the G20 protests etc. Half of them wouldn't know why they are there, except simply for the mob mentality. The other problem is they "think" they are so smart and it's their god given right to "occupy" areas that could be potential security risks. Has anyone bothered asking the question "how much has the additional security and waste of police resources this has cost the taxpayer?

They certainly aren't getting their message across clearly Eitak, and there in lies the problem. The whole tent fiasco thing was merely an exercise in "how far can we push the police". It's like those morons from the G20 protests etc. Half of them wouldn't know why they are there, except simply for the mob mentality. The other problem is they "think" they are so smart and it's their god given right to "occupy" areas that could be potential security risks. Has anyone bothered asking the question "how much has the additional security and waste of police resources this has cost the taxpayer?

Exactly!!!

personnally i think they were asking for it. if something is banned and you dont like it protest against BUT DO IT LEGALLY! dont go wearing a tent when its banned thats what children do. how can anyone take these people seriously if they act like children instead of adults? anyway that my 2 cents worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back