Whats your profession? And Why?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you to all those who have replied. it is great to hear your stories :)

Too right! It shouldn't be 'the way to get in the industry', it needs experienced people. Its a very big moral arguement that I have with myself from time to time. Pet stores are often in it for the money and don't care about the animals so - do I leave for moral reasons? No, because that won't shut them down or make them better. Or do I realise that there will always be pet stores, so can I work my a** off to try and make them better. Can I raise our animals to be healthy and strong, give best advice I can and help people and their pets? Absolutely!

I think my boss has it right, he hires experienced people. Our head of the fish room is a marine scientist, the reptile room has two people who have been studying, keeping and breeding reptiles for at least 10 years, the dog department had a groomer and vet nurse, with a vet starting soon, and the bird man has been a bird man for about 15 years now. Hopefully the industry is on its way up and will get better and better.

I've just started going to a pet store in Brissy, they have a juvenile spotted in there with a sign saying "so and so wants to purchase this snake once it starts feeding", it's got nothing to hide under and no water....

I'm about to apply to get back in as a firefighter (following on from my previous post). i was contracted many years ago but quit due to an injury. now i'm fighting fit.

I've just started going to a pet store in Brissy, they have a juvenile spotted in there with a sign saying "so and so wants to purchase this snake once it starts feeding", it's got nothing to hide under and no water....

"so and so" will be waiting a while I reckon... :rolleyes:

It has been so nice to read a thread where there has been absolutely no nastiness!!! :)

Its also nice to find out a bit more about our fellow APS'ers and what makes them tick. Thanks everyone that has shared! and thanks Poggle for asking such an interesting question!

Agreed, it was a very interesting thread. Parts were inspiring and others restored faith that there are good caring human beings out there :)

i work at maccas haha but would love to get an aprentaship in carpentary lol. anyone hiring first yr aprentices at 14yrs old lol on the central coast 2259? lol

I organise training for Indigenous Ranger groups in the Top End. I used to deliver the training and will go back to it soon, I miss the field time and the pleasure of introducing new concepts to people (and I always learn every bit as much as I teach).

I've always loved country and by the time I was 6 I knew that countrymen knew this place much much better than anyone.

I was a single parent for a lot of my daughter's early life and still managed to work in remote areas and follow my passions.

No regrets, quite the opposite, to your dreams be true (or die trying!)

I am a refrigeration mechanic for a national supermarket chain. It's a pretty 'cool' job. Lol. I really enjoy my job. I doubt I could see myself ever doing anything else !

I operate a smash tow truck on call 24/7 , this leaves me at home a lot between jobs . At home I have been a single parent for a very long time , first separated then widowed . Finally the kids are almost grown up . 23 year old boy , qualified diesel mechanic left home . 18 year old girl at home but studying for children services . 16 year old girl doing hairdressing and beauty course . Soon they will be able to afford to keep me for a change :]

I am a refrigeration mechanic for a national supermarket chain. It's a pretty 'cool' job. Lol. I really enjoy my job. I doubt I could see myself ever doing anything else !
Squinty I am sorry but that pun was terrible lol.

I reckon if we pooled together and bought our own island we'd have enough professionals here to have our own country :D
Could you imagine APS passports?
(What print would you like on your passport, BHP, Scrubbie, Carpet? We've got some graphic designers who can do the job up a treat ;))

I personally do not think I could live with any of you in close proximity of an island LOL

I didn't say it had to be a small island. We'd need a large one anyway, for all of the enclosures... :p

Hrmmm

I'm a Mum .... all that i am and all that i ever wanted to be .... cant wish for much more than that in life ....
myself and my husband decided long ago if we had children i wanted to stay at home so i could be the person that raised them i know its not for everyone but i wanted to be there for my kids not some stranger in some after school care place that wouldnt give two hoots ...
Hrmmmm life hasent been easy for us as i'm sure alot of you have gone through yourself .... we lost our 1st son to SIDS back just gone 16 years ago at the age of almost 5 months old on the 4th of december so this time of year has always been very tough on us.... I have two awesome boys one almost 15 and one just turned 13 they are my reason for waking up each day the very reason i draw my next breath ....
so yeah i wont go on anymore .... i'm just a mum .... try and be a good person .... all anyone can do in life !

I personally do not think I could live with any of you in close proximity of an island LOL
not even if i bring the scones ????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back