Who said they aren't in Sydney?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They have been showing up in the industrial area at Taren point the last few years. We have turned the temps down this summer though. Should sort it.

The woman who found it is one of my parents friends.

It is freaky hey Sax to find them so close to home. Taren Point ok, but out west.....

I hate to say it once again, but "I told you so".
Put some on the parliment steps & maybe, just maybe something might happen.

Cheers
Ian

PS - Get the dettol ready as with the wet season you people are having thier numbers will increase rapidly.
I hope not, but if was a betting man I would put my money the toads for sure.

Last edited:
We have been getting the stray toad in Sydney for years. Its not new. I've probably picked up a couple of dozen over the years through the wildlife group. The Taren Point incident was an anomaly and I would like to know a bit more about it before I make plans for the cane toad invasion of Sydney.
From what I know already there isn't much we can do to stop their spread so it more a case of prepare for the devastation and help our existing animals survive on a large enough scale to repopulate.
At one of his talks Prof. Rick Shine suggested seeding the forward march with young toads to allow aversion would be a better strategy.

I reckon that they are the ultimate survivor.
I have seen them burrow in, in dry times & waste away to skin & bones & as soon as it rains or conditions are right, they come out, feed up & mate.
They eat just about anything including other frogs. I have seen them eating dog feaces & also have seen green frog legs sticking out of thier mouth..
You think that they are gone or at least thier numbers are down & then all of a sudden there is a breeding exploson.
They outlast even the coldest winter here at zero or below.

Sorry
Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back